Is there ANYONE returning to ATWT swan song??

• Members

IA...AW is NOT a part of ATWT history. Yes, Jake was...but not AW. I don't want some kind of "all star" crossover, with old AW/EON/LOL/GL stars parading through Oakdale in the final weeks. Just because ATWT is the last P&G soap standing, doesn't mean TIIC should be forced to incorporate previous characters for the sake of paying homage to history. Would it be nice to have "winks" to the audience? Yes. But I'd much rather have TIIC write GOOD stories for the characters still on the canvas. Should there be room to do both? In a perfect world.

I don't know why TIIC wouldn't ask DeFrietas back. Unless they know he's just not interested...but I find it hard to imagine he wouldn't make a brief appearance, given his ties to the show and cast. I'd hope they'd ask Cady McClain back too...to show Carly some sisterly support. Or even to ream out Craig good.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think a way to honor P&G's history without bringing anyone back (I loved Donna and I liked Marley but there's no real point in them returning, unless Molly goes to stay with the twins or something) would be to have some of the characters mention the various P&G towns in conversation, like Bay City, Springfield, Monticello, etc.

• Members

There's no need to explain characters and their histories, etc. I think that's a misconception that many people have. Ellen's Emily grandmother and Susan's former mother-in-law. They're even living in her house. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all for her to want to visit, especially considering she hasn't been in town for 12 years (ridiculous in and of itself -- even if PB wouldn't return, they could have referred to her visiting off screen). For long-time viewers, it'd be a special chance to see these three characters together once more, and for newer viewers, it's "Hey look, that chick is Emily's grandma."

• Members

As far as my wish list for returns: Simon should come back for Katie , Rosanna should come back for Craig and Josh should come back for Meg. I'd also love to see ALL the Snyder children come back for some temporary medical emergency for Emma....Iva, Seth, Caleb , Ellie , Aaron, etc. I'd also LOVE to see Shannon O'Hara return to see Lisa.

But of course, the ONE person I want to see more than anyone is RealLily, Martha Byrne.

• Members

The twins being reunited with Molly would not be an "all star" crossover, it would make perfect story sense to give Molly a happy ending. Obviously Holden and Lily will get back together so Molly will be left all alone. I fail to see how a brief appearance by Donna and Marley, who take care of Molly's children, to facilitate a happy ending for Molly, would be some big intrusion, while Gwen's irritating mother Iris is counted as a return.

• Members

I want all of them to come back except maybe Conner I don't know who she was but if she was well liked then that would of been fine. The 2 that would for sure if asked back would be Mark and Martha. I'm not sure about Jennifer, Larry and Allison if they would return :unsure: I heard alot of people say that Larry would never return, but he should if the show is ending. Lucinda could end up with him at the end.

• Members

Brygmann always had good things to say about Wagner..as a matter of fact, during the time they Hughes were "banished," by the Dobsons and Mary Ellis Bunim, he won his emmy and he made a special mention of thanking Wagner and MacClaughlin for first "lighting the torch for daytime excellence," or something like that.I could see him coming back for a memorial, plus a reunion with Lucinda...( i dont want them to do this like GL, they dragged everything out for six months, we had to see all the nonentities like JON and Remy of all people taking up air time and the last week all the vets had rushed happy endings pushed on them. I would kind of like to know that life will go on in Oakdale, with all the infighting, affairs and smaltzy family stuff going on too.)

I wouldnt want to see a return of Cady McClain...she reminds me too much of Gautman's ABC 'ing of ATWT and have never understood her appeal. Her Rosanna was an uptight twig who overenunciated everything, (much different then the uh, "robust," Rosanna, I was used to.) I think that in itself shows the dilemma, some people want to see their faves return, and some people will be bored with them. If I was in charge, I would put the rule down that the returns should be of people who spent significant amoutn of time with the show, was connected to the core and whose characters made huge impacts...so it would be John, Ellen, Penny, Andy (though I had to agree with LJ, SD was always goofy looking to me)and of course, one last glimpse of James, even as a dream or ghost, maybe some Marland era people like Jessica. And call it a day.

However, I would love one last return of Collier as Mike, comeing to stop Babs and Henry's wedding to declare his love of Henry for the world to see (Henry would drop Babs so fast it would make her head spin!) Of course, Mike would be shirtless because on his way over it rained, and he saw a car off the road and he had to use his manly self to help people in the car and he got mud and blood all over his shirt and uh, his pants are off to cause he had to use his jeans as pillow for one of the victims, so a wet, muddy, nearly naked Mike would have Henry jumping into his arms..(take that Nuke!)

• Members

Well, in my defense, I'm not really thrilled about Iris either. But at least she was a character on the show...not last played by tots with no functional personalities. I wasn't really referring to them in the first place, I was reacting to the suggestion that ATWT end be used as some kind of "goodbye" for AW. I didn't particularly like Jake or TE for that matter. And I don't see why his twins should be tied into a "happy ending" for Molly, when they haven't been part of her life for YEARS (at least with all the SOAR'sing.)

It's really bad enough I have to sit through bad recasts eating up airtime (Craig, NuLibby) to give them some kind of "ending" when they could have easily been shipped off months ago (or never brought on in the first place.). I hate gimmicks...be that some nod to Port Charles or ANYTHING else. And that includes any kind of Christian LeBlanc appearance too.

Archived