2010 Lifetime Achievement Award

jcar03

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw, what a nice article. There needs to be a movie or play or something based on the lives of the three big soap legends, Irna, Agnes, and Bill. The thought of Irna, in that crotchety old voice, reading poor Agnes's play out loud to her is just so delicious. I need to see that dramatized.

I didn't know her family was so big. Four kids and eleven grandkids? It does warm my heart to know that she's surrounded by so many loved ones.

I read their article on Dick Clark, too. Why is that these magazines always fail to recognize his 15 years as host of Pyramid? It's always about Bandstand.

• Members

The following article is probably the best I've read in a long time concerning Agnes Nixon:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/entertainment/20100627_Jonathan_Storm__Emmys_salute_Rosemont_s_Agnes_Nixon__queen_of_soaps.html?viewAll=y

It's interesting to me whom she picked out as her 8 favorite characters. One of them I sort of went :huh:. I can't believe Palmer Cortlandt didn't make the list. But maybe she just forgot or was being trying to incorporate characters who are still on the canvas.

Archived