2010 Lifetime Achievement Award

jcar03

• Members

Lifetime Achievement Emmy To Agnes Nixon

Daytime legend Agnes Nixon, creator/head writer of ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE, co-creator/head writer of LOVING and head writer of GUIDING LIGHT and ANOTHER WORLD, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Emmy at the 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. The awards will be telecast on June 27 from Las Vegas on CBS.

SOURCE: http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Hopefully, they give a great tribute to Agnes!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was confused because I thought she had already received a similar award from NATAS back in the 80s. It was called the Trustees Award. But according to wikipedia, that award is for continued excellence. So this Lifetime Achievement Award is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAYYYYYY overdue.

Congratulations Agnes!

• Members

I did more research on the Trustees Award that Agnes received in 1981. NATAS states:

So, the Lifetime Achievement Award isn't the highest honor, but it's an honor in itself. :lol:

If that's the case, then Oprah shouldn't have removed herself for consideration, because she has yet to receive the Trustees Award.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Not counting his introduction, his actual speech was less than 5 minutes...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Is that really the whole clip? Wow, I must've had a short attention span back then, because it felt like 15 mintues to me.

Well Agnes won the Trustees Award which is a higher honor that Bell never received. <_<

Though I'm not sure why they're going backwards and giving her this award 20 years later. :lol:

Archived