Eric83

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Had Lisa Bonet not dropped out of this show in the first season, the dynamics would have been so different from season 2 onwards. Dwayne and Whitley probably would have never happened, since Dwayne was chasing after Denise in that first season, and Whitley was only really a second tier supporting player. In fact, I think, Whitley only started out as a recurring character.

• Members

Kim: Kinu?

Whitley: Shay's blAck 'n jApuhnaise...

Ooh, another character I loved was Debbie Allen as the therapist! "Relax! Relate! Release!" The best is when she was getting into Whitley's story and she straightened her wig! :lol:

• Members

It was a much quieter show that first season, seemed like everyone spoke softly, the lighting was dim, at times it felt like there wasn't even a studio audience, like it was laugh tracked.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Had Lisa Bonet stayed there would have been no Kim, Freddie, or character expansion for Ron. It would have been all about Denise. They were forced to turn it into an ensemble show after she left.

LOL! I loved Relax! Relate! Release!

Remember that Season 2 episode where Freddie got drunk. :lol:

I loved that crush she had on Dwayne that season, it was so cute. ^_^

Edited by Eric83

• Members

No they weren't.

That's the point.

EVERY time there was a racist White person there was at LEAST one counterbalance.

So your assertion is false.

And again the FACTUAL evidence clearly proves your assertion wrong.

You're projecting.

That's not the show's problem.

No.

It's NOT a difference of opinions.

You made incorrect assertions & were proved factually wrong in every instance.

You're still projecting.

The show ALWAYS had strong moral & social values.

That never changed.

• Members

So because you don't agree with what I said, my opinion is incorrect? :rolleyes:

Maybe they weren't painting whites as racist all the time, but I still felt that show was preachy at times, and you felt they were being topical. That's our opinions END OF STORY.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

It's more than just "disagreeing".

You were presented with FACTS you couldn't dispute that clearly proved your assertions false.

Which is a perfectly fine way to feel.

However you asserted that the show changed its social values & it didn't.

No.

Until you are able to dispute the FACTS it's not a "difference of opinion".

You're just wrong.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

What facts am I supposed to present? I wasn't in the room, while they were shooting out at ideas so I have no ideaa if they were purposely writing whites as racist. I never claimed anything I said was fact, just how I felt. Just becuase you showed me some supposed facts, doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion.

Everything I have said about this subject in this thread has been an OPINION.

• Members

I didn't know Gary Dourdan played Shazza. He was always so good on CSI, probably too good for that show. I didn't care for Shazza or most of his relationship with Freddie, perhaps that's why I didn't remember who played him.

I remember when they had the love scene in Jason's Lyric, in a field or something, and they had the nice shots of his butt, instead of the usual "look, you can see his hip, maybe." Maybe Tyler Perry was a fan...

Ron/Kim -- I never liked that pairing very much, it just didn't spark for me. I think Kim was better off in stories that weren't about her love life. I did feel like she got shortchanged in the last season, but I liked her doctor boyfriend (wasn't he from Jamaica or somewhere) and they had good chemistry.

The first season was a lot quieter and more typical sitcom than most of what came later on. The "nerd" stereotypes, for example, which were seriously diminished after the first season. I do seem to remember that even when Denise was still there the show moved more and more away from being about her.

I actually thought Lisa Bonet and Kadeem Hardison had good chemistry; it punctured her generally sleepy nature. I would have loved a Whitley/Dwayne/Lisa triangle.

Edited by CarlD2