GH/Y&R: Looks like Brook Lynn Ashton will be gone for now

• Members

From the January 3, 2006 issue of Soap Opera Digest;

As for Leon, he(Jack Smith) offers, "I liked her look, her professionalism and the levels she brings to the material. We're very excited about her." Leon was let out of her contract at GH to jump ship to Y&R. GH Head Writer Charles Pratt, Jr., says the timing was good for where they were storywise. "When we lost Diego, she became a bit of a victim of that and the fact that we wrapped up the music story," he explains. The role will not be recast, he adds. "She'll go back to Brooklyn to her mother [Lois]. It would be great to have Adrianne come back and play her again if things were to work out that way."

So it looks like GH won't be recsting Brook Lynn anytime soon...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What a BS statement. I don't know why they even bother casting people they never plan to use. Lois, Brooklyn. That whole music storyline, with Lois' involvement with Alcazar and her fighting her daughter's own interest in Alcazar's son (despite Diego's subpar, at best, acting abaility next to who he's been surrounded by), and Ned and the past... it was all looking up. Too good too be true, of course. Maybe someday, a true story can be made of this.

• Members
Well, Mulder, that little tidbit wasn't in what Chad quoted from the mag and I don't waste my actual money on soaps anymore, so I wouldn't have known that, based on the statement and GH's reputation with these sort of things. Nice to see somethign different on that front.

• Members

I think it's actually 1/17, since she starts on Y&R on 1/18.

We'll probably see her once, if that, before then. And it'll be something so quickly wrapped up, we'll forget a BL ever existed on the show the day after.

Not that it matters to me though.... :)

• Members

Their was so much they could do with Brooklynn's character. They ruined her when they put her with their favorite Diego. They shut down her music carrer, her relationship with Lucas, her mother left, her dad didn't give a crap about her. What a bunch of crap. GH has many useless characters on their (SAM) (JASON). Why don't they exit them instead of BL?

• Members

Wrapped up? More liked ended without notice. Suddenly Leslie was fired and Wally was on recurring and look at that, no more storyline. I don't recall ever seeing a resolution to it. Brook was just thrown into the Diego crap and that was the end of it.

• Members

Thank God they are not recasting. It would have made no sense to do so, not to mention the fact that GH's recasting of teens hasn't been so well. I liked Brooke Lynn but they did the character no justice. It's a pity.

Agreed :ph34r: .

Archived