New Daytime Talk Show to replace ATWT

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you talking about Judge Milian? I don't like her much. She is my least favorite judge.

Very true. I remember the first I saw Judge Judy my mouth fell open. She was tearing a strip off some girl for stupidly loaning money to her now ex-boyfriend. It was the most fun thing I had witnessed in forever. Judge Judy brings it in every episode and I love her for it even when I think she is off base.

This is why they fired her? She was a classic. The new judge is alright, but not nearly as good as Judge Mablean.

• Members

Yep. And yeah Cat, she tries WAY too hard to be Judge Judy.

As good as Wapner was, he would have never...EVER roasted people the way Judy did. That's what is so great about her.

Also, wasn't there a gap between court shows? I'm pretty sure that when The People's Court ended, there were no court shows on the air before Judge Judy.

That's just what I heard.

I love that you guys enjoy more than just soaps in daytime. Syndicated television rules!

• Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

The Ebay Scammer episode is, for my money, the greatest Judge Judy episode yet, she just incinerated that evil cow!

Marilyn Millian can kiss my ass too. She's a hack.

Christina's Court is cancelled! Her Emmy couldn't save her!

Yep, Nancy is absolutely going to kill right out of the gate. Any idea what time slot she's being positioned for?

Mablean was fired for a WIG?! Her hair was so short on the show! It wouldn't have mattered if she'd ditched it!

• Members

ITA. Wapner was quite stern, but reserved. I watched him for years. I was crushed when his People's Court ended. Now that was a cancellation that hurt. You are right that there were no more court shows until Judge Judy showed up. Her success spawned a slew of copy cats.

Hatchett isn't bad. I like her well enough.

Court shows are like my daytime crack. Game shows and soaps are tied for second.

• Members

OK, so we do watch things other than soaps in the daytime. Good lol Because I am a WHORE for daytime television. Soaps, game shows, court shows, trashy talk, classy/trashy talk, not a real fan of the aw shucks/happy-go-lucky types (looking at you, Ms. DeGeneres, and you too, canceled Ms. Hunt, and looking back at you, too, 90s Ms. O'Donnell).

As far as game shows being for old people? LOL people say the exact same thing about soaps, so I own it and love it. Daytime TV's audience is built squarely on two groups: senior citizens/retirees and college students. Look at Price is Right. Only show where blue-haired old ladies rub elbows with frat guys and enjoy it. I love game shows, and I was in to them way before I was ever deeply into soaps.

As far as court shows, I love them too, but some of the judges are obnoxious. Mathis is all about cracking a joke and comes off as high as a kite half the time. Which, of course, makes the show all the more entertaining and watchable. Joe Brown is all about being morally superior with that "protecting womanhood" bullsh!t. I love Marilyn Milian and Lynn Toler (and Mablean before her! LOVED Mablean!). I've never watched Judy a whole lot because she airs on a different station. Same for Alex, Hatchett, Jeanine Pirro, and Cristina's Court. We *did* love up some Mills Lane, though.

If Chen's show is all about moms, then it's going to obviously be a The Doctors/Dr. Oz clone. I love Sara Gilbert, too, so eh, I'll see. If they get Ricki Lake on board, then I'm in this. Perez's name was mentioned upthread...I'll refuse to watch anything his donkey-tooth ass is a part of.

Speaking of Ricki, I miss those types of talk shows. Jerry and Maury are the only ones left and they've both become poor, poor caricatures of their former selves (though Maury still has the power to reel you in sometimes). I long for the glory days of Sally, Jerry, Jenny, Montel, Ricki, and Maury glorifying middle American trash at three in the afternoon. Good times.

Archived