New Daytime Talk Show to replace ATWT

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, odds are if CBS is seriously gunning after The View's audience, I see stations being pressured to put TPIR and Deal after B&B.

Are we entirely sure the game show pilots being developed are for a full hour?! :unsure: CBS is reportedly ordering pilots left and right, should B&B have reason to be worried?

• Members

I've come to greatly enjoy Julie Chen as BB host, and she's a competent anchorwoman, but charisma and on the fly comments and fun are not her strong suit. That's what a talk show host should be.

No wonder Les Fuc*ing Moonves made those comments all but saying he was glad to see ATWT go. :rolleyes:

• Members

Does it even begin to occur to these people that there is a place for drama in daytime? Maybe not soaps in their current incarnation but if you look at the success of L&O reruns, TNT and FX there are PLENTY of people who want to watch scripted drama. If not that, at least give us the production and of a Starting Over. Put forth some phucking effort already and if you won't then follow in the footsteps of basic cable and show reruns. That way you have people tuning in from day to day to see what happens.

• Members

I could be wrong, but my hunch is that Julie Sominex Chen Moonves can't carry a show in this format, she is much better as a host/commentator, not quite a Meredith Vieira type. CBS tried a View-like thing before that crashed and burned. People are going to get SO tired of show after show with real people sitting around running their mouths all day. Dramatic fiction is going to be sorely missed, and I think sooner rather than later.

Archived