New Daytime Talk Show to replace ATWT

• Members

Just for you.....hehehe

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FCyXAp0D1yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FCyXAp0D1yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FCyXAp0D1yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This kid I went to school with went on Ricki with a couple of friends and totally made up their "scandalous" bi-triangle. :rolleyes:

Some others I remember are Bertice Berry, Marsha Warfield, and Vicki! (Lawrence).

• Members

I guess Oprah clips probably aren't on Youtube but does anyone remember that moment when Oprah spent a week of shows in Texas for the "bad beef" lawsuit filed against her, and she won the case, and she went outside and ran around in glee. That was one of the most bizarre and hilarious f*** you moments I remember seeing on any talk show ever :lol:

• Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Well, since I'm outnumbered by two Angelenos, it may have to be LA, which was so exotic to me as a kid. I was in NY watching the LA soaps, can you believe it? I regret that now that everybody is leaving the city to do their shows in LA. Daytime & syndicated TV NEEDS a fine balance between the LA-produced and NY-produced stuff (and Chicago shows, Jenny Jones). All these cities (and their studio audiences) give the game shows, soaps and talk shows their own distinct flavor. God forbid Regis & Kelly ever transfer to LA.

Since it's the alt-90s (which is coming back into fashion after two years of 80s influence, FYI), we need to hang out at Michael Mancini's beachhouse from Melrose Place. We'll stick Don Henley's Boys of Summer, along with some En Vogue and Boyz 2 Men, on the sound system, sip some vodka & cranberry juice, spaz out over the fact that soaps come on at the ungodly hour of 11.30 friggin am on the West Coast, and hunker down for some Sonny & Brenda drama with a side dish of Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones. And the Mighty Opes. Yes, she is a self-important windbag whose sheep-like audience robotically obey her every order, but her heart is also in the right place AND even the most preachy Oprah episodes ALWAYS have a hook to pull in Trashskis like me. Hello, Tom Cruisebot nearly self-destructed on her sofa!

Also, while you LA insiders are giving Aaron Spelling consulting pointers on his soon-to-be launched Malibu Shores and Titans (hint: not on NBC!!), I can catch up with Martha Stewart Living because I have a soft spot in my heart for that OCD perfectionist jailbird. Beach-houses can always do with an extra throw-pillow.

• Members

Remember when Andrea from 90210 got her own short-lived talk show? I remember Queen Latifah's for sure.

Dr. Phil -- I love how salacious he is while trying to be all "This is for your own good. There's a lesson to be learned here." He's become a big old hypocrite over the years, though. The two things I remember from his early shows were 1. his unbelieveably hot son and 2. his advice for people with cheating spouses: "The only way to predict Future Behaviour is Past Behaviour. In mah new book He's Shtuppin' Anything That Moves But Always Has a Headache When I want Some Something-Something -- available at all fine booksellers -- I talk about this..."

• Members

This woman actually does something worthwhile -- she studies, investigates, uses her imagination, her hands and creates something. I won't hear a bad word said against her. She's a pioneer.

• Members

Jay MacGraw is hot. I haven't seen much of him lately, though. I believe he's one of the producers of "The Doctors," which I stopped watching once I realized how absolutely and pathetically arrogant all of the panelists on that show are. I like Dr. Oz now that they've made him look a little sexier.

Exactly! And for me, it's the simple fact that she excels at three things that gets me. She's far from an expert on all of it, but she speaks with such knowledge and ability no matter what the topic is. Any time I watch the gardening show, I'm tempted to start one of my own.

Archived