Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nene attacked a cameraman and was asked back. She even tried to sue Bravo and the production company by hiring Weinstein's apologist attorney. The woman is awful but I bet she'll be asked back. I have no idea why Bravo allows Nene to get away with this when the Nene-less seasons were really good.

• Members

Because I believe that Bravo gets more entertainment out of punishing Nene on a national platform. Trust and believe that Bravo is getting their get back. Each passing season, Nene becomes more and more unappealing to the audience. That's why Nene ain't been booking anything in Hollywood. They want nothing to do with her erratic, unstable behavior. 

• Members

That's exactly what Kenya said in the speak on it with Kandi (which was more entertaining than the entire three part reunion). It's interesting to me that Kandi's Youtube channel is much more interesting than the show most of the time.

• Members

@DaytimeFan Thank you for the link. The show looks trashily addictive and really takes you back to early 2000s reality TV. And Dale Mercer is ready for her close-up, honey!

Re: RHOA.

OTOH, we know the Remote Reunion can and does work. This bodes well for NY, BH, Potomac and SLC.

OTO, Andy pointed out that setting this up required hours of technical rehearsals. And that's a little bit how I felt about reunion as a whole -- over-rehearsed.

I felt unsatisfied with reunion, just as I felt somewhat unsatisfied with this season. Something does not feel right & tight with the group chemistry. Despite screaming at each other all season (and all through Zoomunion), Kenya and Nene still have not gotten to the bottom of their issues with each other.

The fact is, both are very alike, both are jealous and threatened by each other's power over the show, and both cannot stand any other woman shining in their presence. I found it hard to warm to either of them during Reunion.

Nene ducking out for the entire episode was a cowardly move, and then having the arrogance to call up Porsha and demand Andy speak to her on Speaker.... Does she not realise how precarious her position currently is RHOA? She costs Bravo a fortune per episode and I cannot see them wanting to pay her current fee going forward. She also looked totally guilty.

Kenya... sigh. Can't warm to her after she dampened Cynthia's star this whole season.

Yovanna came across very well. I was surprised and impressed. She argued her corner and the only time she came unstuck was when Kandi blew some holes in her defense. Kandi remains at the top of the heap. She is way smarter and more grounded than all these women and really is unofficial queen of the franchise.

Like @NothinButAttitude said, Eva and Porsha were getting ridiculous with all the Oooooooos and drink-sipping and OTT face-pulling. I could do without seeing Eva's socially distant cleavage (thanks, Porsha) ever again. And Porsha definitely seemed more... heightened than usual.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@DaytimeFan @Cat I will look forward to any commentary you have on that High Society show - I watched a little and immediately saw that Tinsley was talking about the greatness of Harvey Weinstein (and of course the plug for Marchesa). Beyond the instant dating of material, it serves more as a reminder of just how little genuine respect or power Weinstein had in the industry by 2009 - otherwise he never would have been on a cut-rate CW show that likely only existed because of the Gossip Girl buzz of this period. I'll have to check out the rest soon. Initially when I saw the comments about Jules I thought it was the Jules on RHONY - clearly not.

• Members

I watched through to the Weinstein sighting, which was a shock. As much as Georgina Chapman may not have known the extent of his depravity, she certainly must have known of his cruelty to others and the way he leveraged (or, more accurately, bullied) stars into wearing Marchesa to high-profile events. 

And in a way, for Tinsley, this was also slumming it. From the Mortimers on the UES, where most people wear Oscar de la Renta, Bill Blass and Ralph Lauren, to Harvey Weinstein and a PR event for lowly Marchesa.... She must have been desperate to relaunch her life after the divorce and took a gamble with the fame game. No wonder Dale is a fit to be tied and wants Tinsley back with Topper, pronto!

Gossip Girl! That's it! I wondered what this show reminded me of, and all I could come up with was Whitney Port's ill-fated The Hills spin-off, The City. But yeah, Tinsley is definitely channelling Serena van der Woodsen in that intro.

• Members

I binge watched the entire 8 episodes (only 20 minutes each) this weekend. I loved it for the time capsule that it is, obviously produced on the cheap, with Dale throwing herself into the reality show mix with the enthusiasm of a character out of a Tennessee Williams play.

I liked that, like early OC housewives, the stories are all running independent of each other: that Jules woman appearing to be a racist lunatic in that hotel suite, throwing glasses, that Devorah Rose (who I believe has put more than one housewife on the cover of her magazine) being exposed as plain old Deborah Denise Trachtenberg, John Paul Calderon being a dramatic mess, and then there's Tinsley, little girl lost, whose mother is an overbearing Southern Belle.

It shows how little Tinsley has evolved in a decade. It seemed she took a gamble on fame and how Real Housewives, and then leaving New York entirely, was her fated conclusion.

• Members

LVP sliding into Kyle's Twitter comments like

SUoAwi7.gif

The rest of the comments are basically 'Sucks to be you making so many poor choices in friendship.'

Edited by Cat

• Members

Ramona is being an Ass good again and has lost her long term friendship with Elyse lol. 

I’ll say what is surely the most unpopular thing in this thread: I’d give Elyse another full season to fight for an Apple. She is literally a 20 year friend of Ramona (who knows the other girls) and went to be in the background. Producers liked her and Ramona convinced her to keep filming. She didn’t sign a contract til mid season. When she does speak her opinions are spot on and I’d love to see how she fares when the ladies know she is an actual cast member. She has a classiness that is refreshing. I’d love to see her next season with someone like Jill around which would change the dynamic since Jill doesn’t drink. I’m sick of them just getting drunk and yelling. This season has been a bust because of that. 

• Members

Woah! Controversial! No, j/k! You feel how you feel. And in some ways, IA that we are sometimes a little hasty in not giving one-and-done HWs second chances (Kathryn on BH / Jules on NYC come to mind). 

First of all, not to defend Ramona because she is only out for herself. But her texts sound like her way of getting Elyse out there. They are like a pep-talk. "The producers love you! Now get your ass over here!" She is trying to draw out Elyse, the friend she brought to the show. In a way, she is a little bit responsible for her and how she performs.

The thing with Elyse, though -- and I stress this is entirely my opinion -- she doesn't pop onscreen. She doesn't radiate joy or humor. She lurks in the shadows, piping up every couple of hours with something that lands with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. For RHONY, you need to be a wordsmith. You need to cast a spell with your words. You need to be fast with the jokes (Bethenny). You need to decimate, (Dorinda), screw up the English language and invent your own (Ramona: "Let's not make a mountain out of a holemill"), flirt with the audience (Sonja). Elyse doesn't have that wordsmithery or that self-deprecation, it seems.

Last week's party at Ramona's was Elyse's audition. And lord knows she tried. She tried to Be Seen. But nothing landed. Everything sounded self-scripted. Nothing jokey was actually funny. (As nervous and awkward as Jules got, her nerves were relatable and funny). It all felt a bit heavy-handed, and then got overshadowed by Dorinda and Ramona's screaming match and the DoRamonja kissing-fest. Poor Elyse was badly counselled or was just too nervous, but she didn't stand a chance against those 3.

I wouldn't mind Jill back at all. She is part of the fabric (Zarin Fabrics!). RHONY is not a bust for me this season. But I can see that it has been Groundhog Daying the last five seasons. The problem is that the issues these women have are similar (transitioning from a great past life to a new one as single women). And the other problem is that the chemistry between the Core 4 is so good that Bravo is hesitant to mess it up. And I am glad they are hesitant, because it is impossible to recreate true chemistry by just casting a bunch of strangers to be 'friends' together.

Edited by Cat

• Members

My thoughts exactly. She’s just dead-eyed and such a wet blanket. Maybe she hasn’t had an opportunity to “pop,” but a lot of RH “friends” make more out of the little screen time they have.

I’ve been souring on Leah in the past few episodes. She tries to be a verbal ninja in her confessionals, but when it comes to her interactions with the women, she’s comparatively timid except for with Sonja. I get that she’s feeling the ladies out a bit, but I’m getting a sense she’s a bit of a poseur and a phony.