OLTL: Another Schulyer Spoiler

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No kidding. This crap is heinous.

As writers, Kreizman and Carlivati are practically identical. They're both fanboys who think that remembering and referencing history is all it takes. But it isn't, you have to respect the history too, simply acknowledging it isn't enough and twisting it around to remake it in your own image is even worse than ignoring it.

I have no doubt about this. Rex as a Buchanan seems to have been RC's wetdream all along. I for one will NEVER accept that twerp as Asa Buchanan's grandson. NEVER!!! And neither would Asa.

• Members

Hey ZendallFan. Another Thing is that All My Children made Edmund A Jerk when He was going to get Killed. John Calihan and Eva LaRue were Married in Real Life, but They were having Problems and didn't want to work Together Any more. They wanted to Keep Eva LaRue so They made Edmund A Jerk so the Fans wouldn't care if They Killed Off Edmund. Jody

• Members

They had It where Jessica got Shot. Now, They have It with Allison and Somebody Else will get Shot. Jessica and This Person are 2 People Somewhat Close Together on when It Happened or Happens Get Shot. Jody

• Members

It is far from the best show in daytime but I'm sure the critics will not mention how bad the show is these days. This is what RC needs to hear so he can improve as a writer.

I think RC references history for the characters and the stories he loves but there are many examples where history is ignored or severely under-utilized.

Rex is a substitute for David Vickers. They can't get TW to remain so they've retrofitted Rex as a younger replacement. This is the same story they recently attempted with David. It's obvious that Rex is the new male they have decided to hang the show's future on. We'll never get Kevin or Joey back even though they should be the characters who would benefit from this type of treatment and they would anchor the future on the show on the Lords and the Buchanans. At least with Kevin and Joey, it opens up so many romantic possibilties for many women on the show whether you play them up an age group or down. Rex hasn't had any chemistry with anyone but Gigi so its impossible to write many triangles unless they plan to bring Adrianna back. And they were chemistry challenged.

• Members

Ronald marinates his stories in OLTL history (post-1979 only, mind you, with the exception of Victor Lord) because it's the ultimate head-turner, especially in this era of daytime. OMG! He brought back Allison Perkins!! OMG it's Pamela Stuart!! OMG Viki's going to Heaven again! OMG! Mendorra!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OH MY GOD HISSSTORRRRY HISTORRRRRRY HE'S MININ' HISTORY!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneoneeleven

BUT IF THE STORY SUCKS, WHO CARES?!

Archived