Eden Riegel Joins Y&R

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Eden Riegel Joins Y&R

The show confirms that Vail Bloom, who joined Y&R in 2007, is out as Heather and Eden Riegel (ex-Bianca, AMC) is taking over the role. This reunites Riegel with her former on-screen love interest and close pal, Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe; ex-Maggie, AMC), whom she also worked with on the online soap IMAGINARY BITCHES. Though Riegel didn't confirm the news, she did tweet: "I've got some really interesting, fun news coming your way! I know it's cruel to tease, but I'm too excited to keep it in."

Riegel previously confirmed to Digest that AMC sought to lure her back on contract as Bianca when it announced its move from New York to L.A., but they couldn't come to terms. "I don't know if the breaking point was money or outs," a source close to the actress told Digest at the time, "but I know that she was bummed and so was the show."

Riegel will first begin taping the week of March 15.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't see Rauch or Hogan wanting to write for a woman in Genie's age range.

This is already being so overhyped. The writing for Victoria is so awful, and Billy struggles for chemistry with any love interest he has, that bringing in a former ABC name is not going to magically make Victoria an interesting character again. Just as ATWT forcing so many former ABC names on their show did nothing for them in the long run. Or B&B shoving awful Jack Wagner at people. Or Nichols as Tucker, which hasn't been worth a lot so far.

• Members

That's what I thought, too. Vanessa Marcil is considered a soap superstar. But that word is so overused in Daytime that it isn't inconceiveable to see somebody tossing it Eden Reigel's way. She's a popular and gregarious soap star and clever comedienne. And she played an absolutely ground-breaking role. But for me, the superstars are Lucci, Sarah Joy Brown, Marcil, Braeden, Benard (yes, even Mo), MTS, Susan Flannery, Strasser, Slezak. And David Canary who always has an honorary place in that roll-call.

Perhaps the story is the usual Cady-returns-to-ATWT. Or perhaps it is out of left-field... Alicia Minshew, Thorsten Kaye... dare I say Sarah Michelle Gellar? I was going to say Nathan Fillion but he's well-ensconced in Primetime at the moment.

• Members

Good luck with Y&R giving her a role that is worth anything. They have no ability to write for any woman. Women are just incubators for men or pathetic shrews. I will be shocked if Sheffer doesn't use this as an excuse to dust off another rape story, since she had the big rape story on AMC.

They should consider pairing her up with Chloe. Liz Hendrickson hasn't had chemistry with anyone on Y&R, aside from a few scenes here and there with Goddard, and Chloe is increasingly pointless. If they want to keep her around they might as well give her a story with Reigel, either romantic, or some type of friendship or friendly rivalry (not fighting over a man).

Archived