Jeff Ryder interview,SOD April 86

• Members

Off topic a bit, but I'm always amazed at how different Holly looked when she came back to when she left the show the first time.

Maureen Garrett was dressed like a minister's wife in the late 70's/early 80's. When she came back and through the early 90's, it seemed like Maureen was more in touch with her sexuality as an actress and they started dressing Holly sleeker and sexier.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her hair also looked much better when she returned. The first time as Holly she often looked like she just washed and dried quickly and stepped in front of the camera. I guess that fit Holly though. She was a very naive woman who reacted to everything around her, whereas later on she was more sophisticated.

• Members

We can actually thank Long (at least according to Long herself) for the return of Holly as a stronger, sexier (though still neurotic) woman. Long brought her back for the Christmas Episodes (right after Blakes suicide attempt) just as her mother(I remember Holly with her hair in a bun to make her look older) and Long saw the film and said, "That woman is SEXY!" So she brought her back...(I remember her return as she came to the Spaulding mansion to talk to Blake during a typical dysfunctional dinner .."This isnt a home, this is BERUIT!" and I LURRVED her right then and there.

Imagine if they had gone through with the Lesbian storyline with Holly instead of that sap they did it with....and if they could actually, actually write it...for real...what a great way to see Maureen really let her sexuality fly as Holly comes to grips where she can really love a woman...especially if they let her wear her leather jacket and gloves!

Archived