Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February 22, 2010

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We're just supposed to be happy with whatever we get. Like I saw a recent writeup at Serial Drama which said it was "still glorious" to have Stephen Nichols on the show. I love Stephen Nichols but he's struggling in a pointless role and hair and wardrobe that make him look like Foghorn Leghorn and Colonel Sanders after a bender. Yet to Barbara Bloom, or whoever else, it probably really only does matter that he's on the show at all, and who cares about the rest. The same seems to apply for Ted Shackleford.

• Members

I feel like even GL made better use of their vets by the end, although that might not be saying a lot.

You still hear, oh, Y&R is better than the rest, but outside of ratings, I don't think that's true. It doesn't help that no one involved in the production or writing side seems to care. The worst is that the moments they are so proud of are so transparent. It's like people who have never actually written anything before.

• Members

Don't you love that they set the Rawlins house on fire and they had to redecorate...and when they did, everything was the same!! This show really must have no budget because you know Rauch would have wanted to redo it to look like that store on Facts of Life.

The ghost of Cassandra is looking over the show. Her house is still there, Paul has managed to escape the axe, and Brad, whom she wanted clear of before her death, is now a Bradcicle.

Now let's just see if we can get her to convince Cassie to give up on Shick...

• Members

Jana in the cage was the only scene I could watch today, production wise....it was lit in Conboy style, because I suppose they WANTED it to be dark. But this lighting is DESTROYING any love I have for this show. Why in God's name is ANYONE allowing Rauch to mess with a lighting and technical camera system that has been lauded and showered with Emmys for 37 years!!! They first won an emmy for the lighting in 1974! and again in 1994 and 1997. And they won technical emmys for the camera work almost every year in the 90's. WHO the hell is allowing Rauch to screw with that? Is it possible that budget cuts are to blame? I really want to know, cause when you fu@k up the production values... I will turn on you so fast your head will spin. I've just been aghast at how bad the lighting looks, especially in the last 2 weeks. And this is on my 27 inch high quality Standard Def TV, I hate to think what it looks like on a big screen high def.

• Members

it is funny that people kept saying that Y&R will be the last soap standing, when really it will probably be one of the soaps to be cancalled within i say 2-3 years .the writers and producers need to removed and replaced with good writers and producers who actually care about the show.

• Members

I don't think high ratings matter to CBS, especially to Barbara Bloom who clearly has an axe to grind with Maria. How else do you explain the huge reduction in licensing fee for Y&R, despite the show maintaining its #1 status?

I don't want to wish Y&R death, but what's the point of being on the air if the goal is to maintain the status quo or if the goal is not to raise the bar?

Archived