AMC: Friday 02/12/10

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was in Grade 5 when DAYS took over AMC as the #2 soap with Marlena and the possession storyline.... all the girls in the class would talk about DAYS all the time. There was one other girl and myself who watched AMC. DAYS was definitely top dog at that time in my demographic.

• Members

LMAO :P Oh, there are many ways.

She lifts her hands

Starts lifting the veil

Music swells

Reaction shots of the guests waiting anxiously

The lips are slowly, tantalisingly revealed

Ryan seems to recognize something

Then the nose

More reaction shots

The music starts reaching a crescendo

Greenlee stops lifting the veil for a second, taunting her audience

More reaction shots

More reaction shots

David smiles

Opal asks what the hell is going aaaawnnnnnn?

Greenlee lowers her head, so you can't really see her face anymore and totally lifts the veil

The music goes beserk.

Everyone's like blink.gifunsure.gif WTF?

Greenlee slowly lifts her head and smiles. "Hello, bitches and whores of Pine Valley. Guess who's back?"

Everyone's like wacko.gifblink.gifunsure.gifmellow.gifmellow.gifmellow.gifmellow.gif WTF?

Ryan jumps up: "GREEEENLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

• Members

Oh I did try it out, but I just couldn't get into it. I didn't really connect with any of the characters or storylines. I guess since it was so fundamentally different than AMC, it just couldn't reel me in. Little did I know AMC in 1996 would try to imitate DAYS for a period of time with the voodo arc, and the Myrtle and "Santa" small arc. I imagine when Francesca James came in the network gave her a mandate to take the #2 spot back, and felt the best way to do that was to copy DAYS. It backfired though as AMC I think by the end of 1997 was in 5th place.

• Members

I was a bit older than you, but I still remember I used to flip thru SOD when I could to check out the ratings, and I was always so used to AMC being a healthy number 2. I didn't check the mag for maybe half a year--and suddenly DAYS was in that slot. BOOOOOoOOOOoo

(And I did try to give it a chance when all the hype happened--it just isn't a show for me--how slow it was, the acting styles, etc--like you say it's so different from AMC, especially back then....)

Archived