New York Post: 'The View' in Lead to Replace 'Oprah' in 2011

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Dr. Oz is a good choice at all. He has a good show (when I'm up for it, he makes me paranoid sometimes :P ), but not for that spot. A talk format more like Ellen or The View is a better way to go. Of course Ellen's already syndicated, airing against Oprah in my market for example. As much as The View feels like a morning show to me, it is still the best choice based on what's currently on the landscape. I think it was Bravo or A&E that used to do early evening same-day repeats of The View and it worked perfectly well, still it'll always feel like coffee time television to me.

Once upon a time, the "original" Rosie O'Donnell show would have been a perfect replacement for Oprah, fun, warm, endearing, but then of course it took a *turn*. I'm sure Rosie could get another chance, but her public persona has become so polarizing, and I'm not sure a daily TV talk show is what she needs in her life (did anyone see her on Oprah yesterday?). I think what she's got going for herself right now is where she needs to be.

• Members

"The View" is totally a morning-type show. It's so easy to associate it with coffee and the morning paper and doing laundry and coming in from a jog and all of that good stuff. Having it on in an afternoon slot would take lots of getting used to.

The only thing that makes sense in the afternoon for me is trashy talk shows, but we don't have them anymore :(

• Members

ABC is considering selling "The View" into syndication, meaning that any local tv station in the country (regardless of network affiliation) would be able to air it if they bought the rights to it. ABC would do it mainly because of the money they could make from it.

Archived