OLTL: Marty/John/Natalie

• Members

does anyone think that Thorsten Kaye will end up returning for May sweeps? OL seemed to have the Mitch/Cramer girls story already in play for February, so this would give the show time to figure out how they could get Thorsten (salary-wise). Roscoe Born and Crystal Hunt leaving...and probably a couple of smaller cuts might make it happen. I can't believe with Thorsten staying in NY that ABC wouldn't pull out whatever they could to get him on board.

I can see Patrick returning from the dead to find Marty pregnant with another man's baby.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If she was on Days of our Lives playing one of the five veterans who sit in their drafty, abandoned house waiting for the under-30s to show up, Jack would love her and declare 2010 a new renaissance for Haskell's career.

• Members

I do think that Susan Haskell's Marty has been bland of late, but I blame that on the poor writing for her. I don't blame it on Susan herself. She's kind of been around to follow John, or to be Nick's doctor (when she's a shrink), or be Todd's punching bag. That's hardly Susan's fault.

• Members

I think Susan is more than capable of giving great performances when she has the material. She did when she blew up at Todd last week. I wish there was a way to write a deeply flawed woman who is not crazy or a bitch or chasing after a man. The real problem with Mary is she has been identified by the men in her life for so many years now. I wish they could have taken her back to a more mature version of what she was in her first year or so on the show. I guess that might have been where they were going if someone hadn't pushed Jarty back together.

• Members

My problem with Marty was that she was defined by the rape. No matter what they did with the character it always came back to Todd and the rape. Dylan, Suede, Patrick it didn't matter who she was with because in the end it was always about Todd. CC's Marty kind of had her own stories with Miles and Spencer but when they brought SH back she immediately became St. Marty of the Perpetual Rape and that's all she'll ever be. It doesn't matter how good an actress SH might be and FTR I don't think she's that great. I don't hate her but I find her limited. She's good at "victim" and "angry victim" but that it, IMO.

• Members

her talent isn't romantic lead, but everyone has something they are good at and something they aren't, I think they will break up Jarty real soon, so maybe they can move her onto stories she is better at and also try her out with other actors to see if she clicks with anyone, Jarty was something DH thought up with no thought or care that the actors had no chemistry and it didn't make sense

• Members

Oh, hunnie please at least get the facts straight when you try to be catty. I also find it amusing how you always like to speak for me, glad to know your that into me i guess...

Days has far more than 5 vets. (Unless your def of Vet is just over 60?..) Furthermore, Maggies house is far from abandoned as she has three people living there and has more sets in her house than any other house on the show. She also does a damn lot more than just waiting for the under 30set.

If Haskell had some life in her like Chappell or Rogers or even Burnett and Sweeney i wouldn't mind her. walks around detached and board. Its painfully obvious. She was also brought on for a todd prop, and now that they dont need her for that she serves no purpose because they had no longterm plan. I really hope that with Gina T coming on SH will be let go.

SH can give a powerhouse performance. No denying that. However on a soap you dont have a powerhouse scene or storyline every day you are on. There are plenty of actress who have sold just as bad and worse than what SH is getting right now. (KD for example)

Archived