Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

All I can say to that is the following: ridiculous and insulting to anyone whose dealt with vision problems. An ocular surgery doesn't stretch one's face as tight as a drum or result in denture like veneers. If LC was actually using that excuse then shame on her. What I liked about LC's looks was that she wasn't typical soap opera glamorous. She looked a little rough, she looked like a hospital doctor!

Exactly. She'll start making changes on her face and then she'll look artificial and the work will really dry up.

Which brings me to Exhibit B. She's trying to look so much older than she actually is and not just older, but harder and more mature. She should embrace the fact that she has a cute look to her, she'll never be a convincing sexy vixen, so she should stop now while she's still ahead.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's just what I was going to say. No woman in Hollywood should be in any rush to age herself and burn out her career. You ride that Disney/TeenNick train until it won't ride no more. You exhaust every possibility to play younger if you can pass for it (which she can). When you no longer can or the industry in so many words tells you it's time to grow up, that's when you hit them with the big "sexy" transformation into adulthood. And even then, what was the rush? We've seen Britney and Miley both do this, and they of course won press at the time, but ultimately, how has it really helped their careers? Honestly, stretching out the girl on the verge of sexy womanhood (it's sick, but this is the industry) thing for a couple more years wouldn't have been an awful idea. Who knows where Lindsay would be today if there was some healthy pressure to stay fresh-faced and squeaky clean for a little while younger. It's cliche to the max, but this industry will chew women up and spit them out because there'a a long line of replacements steady waiting in the wings.

• Members

Watching them try to be sexy/look older gives me Toddlers in Tiara vibes.

And I guess neither of them realize that the majority of teen dramas feature older actors playing young with a couple of actual teens thrown in there. I mean not that young people really care that their favorite characters are played by 25 year olds. I'd just think as actors they'd notice that. And there are plenty of 20 somethings messing with botox to try and look younger so obviously youth is a commodity.

Archived