RIPJean Simmons

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always forget Bert Convy was a TV personality--I know him best from his 60s Broadway roles (Starring in Cabaret, etc) Wow now I need to see the Dolls miniseries (HAHA that hair of the person who wins the award!) looks wonderfully awful

Cat, I totally forgot she was in Black Narcissus! that's one of my top 5 films of all time, great taste!

• Members

LOL. And that deathly white skin! I love that scene where Kathleen Byron applies the lipstick while looking at Deborah Kerr. Kerr grips the bible like it's the only thing between her and the devil.

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp is also a great Powell/Pressberger classic (and was when Deborah Kerr became Powell's lover. By the time Black Narcissus came around, Kerr was no longer his mistress -- but Kathleen Byron was. Must have made for some interesting backstage dynamics). And of course, The Red Shoes. Less well-known but also good are I know Where I'm Going and The Man in Black.

• Members

The early 80s -- such an awesome era soap- and mini-series-wise. LMAO at those humugous GM cars everybody drove -- and at Neeley's super-tight disco jeans. That awards show music is so dated, it is a thing of beauty.

Archived