ABC: The View being considered to take Oprah's timeslot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We discussed this on another thread a while back. I think it definitely affects the soaps. If they pull The View from the network and move it to syndication, then ABC will have room for Aisha Tyler leaving the soaps untouched, as long as they perform steadily.

• Members

Some scenarios for LA where Oprah airs on ABC:

Current

10am - The View

11am - Local News

12pm - AMC

1pm - OLTL

2pm - GH

3pm - Oprah

Option 1

10am - New Talk Show (Aisha Tyler?)

11am - Local News

12pm - AMC

1pm - OLTL

2pm - GH

3pm - The View

Option 2

10am - New Talk Show (Aisha Tyler?)

11am - Local News

12pm - GH

1pm - AMC

2pm - OLTL

3pm - The View

Option 3

10am - Local News

11am - New Talk Show (Aisha Tyler?)

12pm - AMC

1pm - OLTL

2pm - GH

3pm - The View

• Members

I agree with Cheap. The View works in that timeslot. And with Bloom possibly shuffling The Price is Right to ATWT's timeslot in September, it makes more sense to me to keep the show there so they can dominate their lead.

And if they moved to a later timeslot, would "The View" still be live or taped? I could see affiliates, who are comfortable with The View being at 11/10CST airing it in the same timeslot with a day delay. And at that point, who wants to watch "old news?"

I would definitely not want "The View" to be syndicated. That would be a nightmare and I think the ratings would plummet. But, on the other hand, affiliates would chomp at the bit for The View, already proven to be a ratings winner AND they would get more advertising dollars with it as a syndie package rather than a network show.

• Members

This would literally kill the view and would for sure hurt all the ABC soaps. isnt oprah announcing who is going to take her place, after her show ends? I mean if she chooses someone to have a harpo produced talk show with the same syndication package...? Then NO ONE would be negatively impacted.

• Members

Oprah airs at 4pm where I am too. I think I miss-spoke before. What I meant was that if they put it at THREE it would affect the GH lineup.

This is the lineup in my area:

ABC:

11-12: The View

12-1: Local News

1-2 PM AMC

2-3 OLTL

3-4 GH

4-5 OPRAH

CBS:

1230-130 Y&R

130-2 B&B

2-3 ATWT

(Im not sure if this varies or not though, from city to city. Isnt this the standard CBS lineup?)

NBC:

1-2 DAYs

So since oprah DOES air at 4 where I am, it wouldnt matter if The View moved to that timeslot, but if it moved to 3, then thats when it would mess things up (for everyone i think).

Archived