ABC: The View being considered to take Oprah's timeslot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not the entire writeup. Just the parts where they all(including Geddie) pretend like The View is a.) some serious political show now and b.) that they never discussed politics before Rosie O'Donnell's arrival. Those two things bother me. I love the show, but let's not pretend that The View is like Meet the Press. Maybe he's always thought that because he didn't have a rabid neo-con on his show before Elisabeth arrived, even though he's been trying to push one onto the show for years(i.e. Rachel Campos).

• Members

I think The View... Is serious horrible awfulness full of cr*p. That oustayed its welcome in such flagrant ways, there are no words. A dinosaur, remnant of a past era, it needs to get cancelled and replaced with something else. Not going to happen, but one can hope. :)

• Members

Meredith was a WAY better moderator. What little class the show had left with her.

But I love the throwdowns. Rosie VS. Elisabeth was epic. I can't wait until stoner Whoopi can't hit her bong before the show, gets cranky, and goes OFF on Elisabeth. You know it's coming eventually.

• Members

Yup. And when you mentioned the need for a trashy show with celebrities as guests, I agree with that, but if the definition of celebrity gets expanded. I.e. not only actors from the most recent Hollywood blockbusters advertising their new feature, but also lesser known people. And not necessarily actors or big-name singers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

What I find amazing about The View whenever I watch is that I'm on everybody's side yet nobody's side at all because each and every one of the hosts gets on my nerves in their own little way. Joy is often unfunny, laughs at her own (lame) jokes and can be just as annoyingly liberal as Elizabeth is conservative, Elizabeth can be annoyingly and purposefully humorless and she strikes me as the type of person who thinks her father is the smartest man in the world and believes everything he taught her about politics (I think she's kinda hot though :ph34r: ), Sherri often doesn't know what the hell she's talking about but bless her heart because I can tell she's been studying and she kisses Whoopi's ass when Whoopi is rude to her and doesn't deserve her *respect*, Whoopi does annoying character voices and for a celebrated comedian she doesn't know when the hell to quit, she makes distracting, rude faces when guests say something she doesn't like and her "bits" like running out and stealing food are stale, she is downright rude to Sherri, she never laughs at anybody else's jokes (save for A-lister guests, especially the ones who are her "friends" from her Hollywood days), she is long-winded which doesn't work for that format (even if she is the moderator) and she gets indignant when people interject (I liked Whoopi SO much more before she started this show), and Barbara takes damage control to the next level of annoyance, she is so afraid of stepping on toes for fear of bad press or presumably losing a potential interview, she can be rude and condescending to Sherri and Elizabeth while kissing Whoopi's ass, she is shamelessly self-promoting (often about The View itself as a heated conversation wraps up)... I must say, I never was that annoyed by Rosie or Starr (they had their moments), and of course not Meredith. There is just something about this current group that brings out thw worst in each other, which of course by TV standards is really the best.

• Members

And this is precisely why I fuckin love The View. They entertain me. These crazy, crazy ladies entertain me. Not in the way they're intending to entertain me, of course, but entertaining nonetheless.

Seriously, though. Seriously. If a male talk show host constantly objectified women the way Sherri objectifies men, he'd be bashed to high heavens. It's so crystal clear that she's extremely sexually frustrated. Even her ex-husband called her out on it because he got tired of her throwing him under the bus on national TV.

Archived