DGA Award Nominations: Daytime Serials

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R sucks, but I love Sally McDonald, she's a great director. I don't care for Dean LaMont's "work" however. I'd rather Y&R win something for directing than the crap they pass off as "writing."

I'm surprised OLTL was snubbed this year.

I wonder what episode in particular William Ludel at GH is nominated for. I love his work too, and wouldn't be upset if he won.

• Administrator

The Macho Man episode with all the singing? Really? I guess this is last year's "Who Wants to be Shane Morasco's Father?" episode, so that means it will win. LOL Very shocked that got a nomination instead of the carnival accident. I wonder what Y&R's episodes were - too lazy to look for it. :)

• Members

I'm excited about Cynthia Popp's DGA nomination. The directing(and Kay Alden's stellar butchering to Shannon Bradley's sh!t scriptwriting) really made that fashion challenge worth watching. Assuming it's the one where Katie finds out Jackie M stole the Forrester designs.

They could've saved that...

• Administrator

Oh god, the fantasy, shitty background episode. LOL No way.

There was nothing special about this episode either.

Man, what's up with the DGA liking fantasy episodes! I still haven't forgiven them for last year's fantasy episode win. LOL

I think I'll be rooting for Cynthia here. But I'll have to see Goutman and Child's episode first. I've already eliminated Y&R's fantasy episodes and GH's karaoke episode.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived