Jay Leno moving back to the Tonight Show?

JaneAusten

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Since when did TMZ get into the business side of entertainment? LOL They usually just deal with the lives of celebrities. First, there's TMZ Sports and now business side of the industry? I guess they'll going for world domination!

• Members

You'd think NBC, who has been a total f-up across the board they'd want to possibly generate a bit of good will.

I didn't realize just how much of a screw up Zucker has been. He's not only trashed NBC with his management approach but he also played a huge role in the destruction of WNBC's newscast which apparently dominated for year. Harvard must be so proud.

And I don't wish anyone ill will but I can't help but hope Jay's Tonight Show collapses.

• Members

And if it doesn't, it's death for Tonight. Conan will never run it again, his childhood dream broken into a million little pieces.

I can see this going to court and a settlement reached. That's seems the most probable thing right now to me.

• Members

Can someone explain to me exactly how did we get here? :blink: Why on Earth did they (and Leno) agree in 2004 to end Leno's run and bring Conan in? When Leno was beating Letterman? It all seemed so dumb then and it does so now.

The Jay Leno Show project was just too hilarious for words. Classic Jeff Zucker.

• Administrator

Back in 2004, Leno "agreed" but he was definitely pushed out by Zucker. Zucker wanted Conan in 2009. Then when ABC was courting Leno, Zucker didn't want Leno as a competitor so he signed Leno to a new deal. It made no sense to push out Leno who was still #1 and he didn't want to leave. (That's what I remember, don't know if it's totally accurate. LOL)

But you know Zucker, he's such a punch line for bad decisions.

Archived