The Suds Report

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Branco holding off on spilling about Datillo's firing was pointless. It was reported on every other soap site before his report came out.

Why does he hold off on somethings but not on others? It was obvious that tptb at Y&R wanted Sean Kannan's hiring to be kept a secrect but Branco spilled on that.

• Members

I'm guessing that between the RB getting fired "news" and the BS blind items, TV Guide Canada got one too many letters from one too many lawyers. I wonder if he realizes that this may be the "unfortunate rumors" the OLTL PR people were referring to when they said that they didn't like dealing with him.

Really? Or would they just not give a damn?

• Members

To let Ron know that... *middle G*

I am tellin' you I'm not goin'

You're the best man I've ever known and there's now way I will ever go

No no no noooo way

No no no no way I'm livin' without cha

I'm not livin' without cha

I don't wanna be free

I'm stayin'

I'm stayin'

And you

And you

And you

YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MEEEEEEE!!

• Members

Yeah, I don't remember Ryan caring all that much about his OLTL past after he left, especially since it seems to produce such highlights as Jay Leno asking him to do a "gay voice."

Malone does deserve some credit, but unfortunately most of what I remember of the gay character he had in his last run, before the whole Daniel Coulson Higley fiasco, was when he (what was it, Matthew?) was one of the strippers and Viki got a very up close look at his junk.

• Members

I figure the only reason they don't want Shemar back is because the newbie can be blamed for the poor character reception instead of bad writing, whereas the audience would cream themselves over Shemar even if the story/dialogue sucks ass.

• Members

Oh I can understand them not getting Shemar back. I mean he's off doing Criminal Minds and within the last year gave interview saying he probably would never go back to Y&R and bad-mouthed the show for poor decisions. Darius McCrary is such a bizarre casting, I wonder why Y&R didn't try shag an already Daytime AA hunk to the role. Better yet why didn't they expand Detective Wallace's character?

• Members

i wish they would. I think he has potential.

As to your first point, how many "already daytime AA hunks are out there"? Daytime has been pretty white over the last 10 years, so it seems like a pretty small pool of actors from which to choose. I don't have a problem with them bringing in someone from outside of daytime. Whether this recast is the right person remains to be seen. Shemar left huge shoes to fill, I do think they should have just brought in a new character all together. If they felt the need to connect him to the Winter's, why not give Neil a long lost brother or something?

Archived