For figure skating fans

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Remembering the 1961 United States World Figure Skating Team. On February 15, 1961, a tragic plane crash killed all the members of the U.S. Figure Skating Team. Also, friends, family, judges, officials, and coaches were killed. The skaters were traveling to the World Championships in Prague, Czechoslovakia.

• Members

I've always thought he was overhyped and he underdelivered as a skater. His Russian propaganda also made me wary. I wonder if he is seething inside over all the attention Adam Rippon has received.

I saw this mentioned in an article a few days ago. I'd never seen it, but it truly is beautiful.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

World Championships were this week.  The year after an Olympics can always make for an interesting competition since it is so soon after the Olympics.

Men

1. Nathan Chen (USA) 321.40

2. Shoma Uno (Japan) 273.77

3. Mikhail Kolyada (Russia) 272.32

Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu did not compete and Bronze medalist Javier Fernandez has retired from World or Olympic competition.  Uno was the Silver Medalist in 2018.

Ladies

1. Katelyn Osmond (Canada) 223.23

2. Wakaba Higuchi (Japan) 210.90

3. Satoko Miyahara (Japan) 210.08

Olympic champion Alina Zagitova placed 5th.  Olympic Silver medalist Evgenia  Medvedeva did not compete due to injury.  Osmond was the Bronze medalist in 2018.

Pairs

1. Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot (Germany) 245.84

2. Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov (Russia) 225.53

3. Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres (France) 218.36

Savchenko and Massot were the Olympic champions.  Olympic medalists Sui Weinjing and Han Cong did not compete due to injury.  Bronze Medalists Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford retired after the Olympics.

Ice Dancing

1. Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron (France) 207.20

2. Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donahue (USA) 196.64

3. Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje (Canada) 192.35

Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir did not compete and Bronze Medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani did not compete.  Papadakis and Cizeron wore the silver medalists.