For figure skating fans

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did anyone else watch the nationals? Such a disappointing event for some of the favorites.

I was hoping that Mirai would win and go to worlds but it was not to happen. I know most think Alissa's no longer the choker she was but I think she'll bomb at worlds. At least her nationals win was deserved this time. It's sad about Caroline Zhang. She was suppose to be the heir apparent to American ladies skating.

The same could not be said for Ryan Bradley. He really should not have won the title. It's a shame that Jeremy Abbott, Brandon Mroz, and Adam Rippon couldn't make it on the podium. Both Dornbush and Miner have good careers ahead of them.

• Members

I laughed when the announcer was all Alissa is here to stay. She has been so back and forth that one good season doesn't mean she will be good next year. Especially when some of the top skaters didn't compete in the ISU Grand Prix series. I hope she does well at world's but I'm not holding my breath.

• Members

U.S. figure skaters lost Feb. 15, 1961.

Singles skaters

Gregory Kelley, Bradley Lord, Rhode Lee Michelson, Laurence Rochon Owen, Douglas Ramsay and Stephanie Westerfeld.

Pairs skaters

Ila Ray Hadley/Ray Hadley, Jr., Laurie Jean Hickox/William Holmes Hickox and Maribel Yerxa Owen/Dudley Shaw Richards

Ice dancers

* Roger Campbell

* Dona Lee Carrier

* Robert Dineen

* Patricia Dineen

* Dallas "Larry" Pierce

* Diane Carol Sherbloom

Others

Coaches (Edi Scholdan, Maribel Vinson, Daniel "Danny" Ryan and three others) and the team manager Deane McMinn. Judges Harold Hartshorne and Edward LeMaire and a referee Walter S. Powel