AMC: Tuesday, November 24, 2009

• Members

I'm sorry, but I loved this part:

Ryan: She's the mother of my child, she's the mother of your child, and now you're talking about her like --

Zach: Like she's a hooker? That's not fair to hookers.

I couldn't keep a straight face! During any of this! I was just so overcome with joy watching the three stooges fall apart! Annie might've lost the baby and the Chandlers might've all gotten arrested, but there is still joy in all of this for me! The stooges are all crumbling and their little makeshift alliance is BUSTED! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Heroic is a stretch.

It's not really false conflict. We spent the entire summer in that secret room listening to Zendall go back and forth over the fact that Zach can't get over Kendall sleeping with Aidan and Ryan. It was always there -- that powder keg was ready and set to be lit.

Edmund went dark again after Alex left him for Dimitri. So, it wasn't like he was dark when he kidnapped Erica and then never went tragic again until his murder. It's been kind of an ebb and flow with him as well.

The problem with Annie and Aidan was that the two of them were isolated. At least getting her involved with the Chandler story got her involved with PLENTY of other characters on the canvas.

Aidan was never really a necessary character (since you love talking character so much! ;) ). He would've been a really decent recurring character, much like a D.A. or a lawyer or doctor. He'd be the private investigator Tad and the others would call to help with a case or something. But trying SOOO hard to make him supporting character equipped with failed love interest after failed love interest... I never understood that. Especially since he'd be off screen for weeks and I wouldn't even notice until someone said "Aidan's in Philly working a case" or D.C., Chicago, New York, whatever...

So is Natalia beaming about how her dad is the best cop in the world.

Regardless of Edmund's change in character at that time, I agree, one of the things that made me hate Jonathan was the fact that he bashed a paralyzed man in the back of the head.

And Erica... ugh!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh do I? I think the idea of character vs plot driven storytelling on soaps is an overused cliche. So I try not to, but... But I actually totally agree and it's that kind of role he should have played--the DA or go to lawyer or something. He showed way back when he joined the show that he really just couldn't handle or hold the interest of being fleshed out.

A man he had barely even shared a scene with, and who played no part in his upset over what was done to him when Ryan "abandoned" him as a kid...

• Members

As an aside... The last several times Ryan's picked up Emma, he (or Cameron) keeps saying "Ooooh, my gosh! You're getting so heavy!"

Easy way to solve that.

QUIT PICKING THAT KID UP!!

Ugh! She is friggin' SEVEN years old! Old enough to ditch her babysitter and trek across town. What is with this show always picking up walking, talking children? For a while I thought Lil' A was going to have Winifred carry him to his high school graduation!

• Members

lol...I remember that people used to complain about Babe carrying Lil A everywhere. I read that the explanation for that was that it was easier for the camera crew to get them both in the shot when carrying a child bc of the height difference. It made sense to me

Archived