AMC: Tuesday, November 24, 2009

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People tend to forget that Aidan arrived a psychologically disturbed young man. If I really cared about him and his history, I'd be a little more clear on certain facts -- but wasn't the love of his life murdered after he was found out to be a special ops in Bosnia or something like that? Remember he swung off the rooftop of David's cabin, kicked him in the face, bound him and held him at gunpoint over some petty argument that involved Anna? :rolleyes:

The Aidan character was bland. He was never developed enough to be victim of character assassination. Aiden Turner was not that good of an actor or that charismatic a personality.

Erica... eat a dick and choke on it, please. <_<

• Members

I hope Frons made some money off that Summer's Eve product placement in today's episode. Oh wait. That was just Zack. You know it takes a lot of work to have a character share a scene with Ryass and have that other character be the biggest asshat in it, but doggone it, Pratt accomplished it with Zack today. He should put that on his resume.

• Members

I don't buy this [!@#$%^&*] with Aidan either, sorry. Yes, he's boring and bland but he's been fairly heroic for years and years. This is really, really shoddy work by Pratt, right up there with what he's done to Angie and Jesse, Liza, and yes, of all people, Di Henry. I mean, it's so arbitrary.

• Members

It's true Aidan had a shady past. I guess I hate this so much because it's just been whipped back up due to the show needing to trash him to create false conflict for Zendall (although I know this is not unique to them).

I know Edmund came on the show as a somewhat dark figure who kidnapped Erica, but I still didn't get why he became a complete psycho before they killed him off.

Aidan was never the brightest presence but he was a decent supporting character and he also helped make Annie a more rootable character after she went nuts. It's too bad they trashed that and put her in the Chandler story that has not done her character any favors.

• Members

I agree. I loved Aiden for a long time, mainly cuz the actor comes off a nice guy and he's lovely. But I don't really get all the upset about them ruining his character--WHAT character? As you say, considering all the weird sides we've seen to him it kinda makes sense that he'd snap a bit at having an endless parade of ladies go on about how handsome and nice he was and use him and leave him for someone else. It'd be even more believable if the writing (and let's face it, the acting) lived up to this concept, but who expected that? I'm glad he's going out like this rather than him just saying bye and disappearing, at any rate really. He coulda stayed on the show as a nice, sorta everyman back burner character but really the show needs to clean itself of some of its cast and I'd rather see Aiden go than many (I know the character was a mess but I found it odd how they got rid of Colin E over Aiden T, for example)

Kate Hall was yesterday.

But that started it--I never bought or understood why he turned on Annie so quickly either...

And yeah the handling of Edmund his last few months was nonsensical and bizarre (and wasn't he killed ACCIDENTALLY by Jonathan or something?)

• Members

I have no problem with Aiden's recent behavior either. At least he's going off the show with more character than he had for most of his run. :lol:

Edmund's character change was upsetting, but no, Jonathan didn't accidentally kill him; he hit him in the back of the head with a shovel, which imo was one reason Jonathan should have stayed dead and not been redeemed by a magical brain tumor that makes people murderous.

It's just sickening! I also hated the shot of Erica looking smug at the end after Annie & Scott were arrested.

• Members

Well to be fair, Jesse was forced to arrest them by a pretty pissed off DA I assume--from his look when he got the phone call. It's still ridiculous he arrested them but at least this time he was following orders...

Completely agreed with Aiden--I don't think he's a character I really want to see come back to the canvas in the future so at least he's going off with some, somewhat, interest ;)

Thanks for the reminder re Edmund--I think I missed that week and it's always confused me--WHY did he kill Edmund? Just cuz he was hiding in his barn?

Archived