DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Administrator

I thought the Emily plot was over and done with. I mean, why bring her back up again? I agree with you that Meredith will probably came back sometime in 2010.

Hey, anything's better than EJ/Sami romance. :)

I don't like beats of a story happening off screen. I want to SEE IT. LOL

I'm not a fan of the actor playing will, he's just too awkward and doesn't have any charisma - like THIS is the child of Sami Brady and Lucas Horton? Yeah right.

Yup. The writing could've been better.

It would've been nice to actually see Bo discover Carly's secret. Instead it was just like, "Oh, Bo now knows the secret." And "Oh, my daughter wasn't Lawrence's." "Oh, I'm going to be living in the same house as her now." Like dc11786, it should've been played up more.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing could ever be better than a Ejami reunion. Those two are perfection together.

I agree it would have been nice to see it, but they have been playing it this entire time as she told him from the get go. why would they also tell us from the start? that would be bad storytelling this way they were able to have a mystery for a bit with what her secret it, now they have moved on to who it is. bo had to know from the start to justify standing by her. it would have been awful to watch them discuss her secret with him knowing but us not. that said i would still lovw a flashback to when he found out who her daughter is, unless he only knows its mia or melanie.

• Members

I think they did it this way because they didn´t want Carly to be the only one who knows the secret. This way she atleast have someone she can talk with and they can build the mystery and bring in some clues. Otherwise Carly would just have to spend all the time talking to herself.

I´m surprised they didn´t make a bigger thing from the fact that Carly had an affair, but I don´t think most people would care anyway. What they need to build up is the mystery around Mia/Melanie as the potential daughter and subsequently who is the father. Most of current viewers cares or atleast knows Mia and Melanie so that´s where the story starts to be interesting for them.

• Members

BO ALREADY KNEW LOL!! Carly told Bo the night she revealed herself to him at his house so it's not like Bo came across the info on his own. She needed Bo's help so she had to tell him. This is not a missed beat and, frankly, I'm surprised so many people are criticizing it when if you saw it played out onscreen THE MYSTERY WOULD BE OVER!! If we saw Carly telling Bo she had a daughter, that's it. We would know who it was. No suspense. No mystery. The story would be pretty much done until we moved on to Carly revealing herself to her daughter and that would be bad writing. How ironic that people are complaining about a missed beat (which it clearly isn't if you look at the story) when what they are advocating for would result in several missed story beats. LMAO.

And they did play up the fact that Carly had an affair. We saw Lawrence mention it a few times in the flashbacks. You don't play up stuff that doesn't need to be played up. The reveal that Carly had a daughter was an end of scene moment. It just wasn't the last scene of an episode nor should it have been. She was talking to Bo, who already knew her secret. Had she been talking to someone who didn't it would be different. It's all in the context of the scene. It's not a big moment. The big moment is who it is and who is the father. It was pretty damn obvious from the minute Carly was protecting someone that it had to be a son or daughter LOL. All this is setup and background story to get to the actual story.

I do agree that we will see Meredith back in 2010. It's just a matter of when.

• Members

Excuse me?!

I never pretended to be an expert writer nor am I a cheerleader. I barely posted on this board in the last two years and I'm already starting to regret it due to your comments. I'm not trying to brainwash anyone and I would think many may find that comment offensive since it's based on the premise that people can't think for themselves and that someone like me can influence them.

I had seen that some had missed certain things in regards to some scenes. Toups had posted comments that suggested he believed Bo had found out Carly's secret offscreen and that was not the case so I pointed that out. I also pointed out the obvious, which is that if the show had done what is being suggested by some that there would be no mystery and the story would have nothing going for it until it moved into the next phase, which is Carly revealing herself to her daughter. In no way was I bashing people for being negative. This board is pretty positive when it comes to Days and no one was really bashing the show in this thread to begin with so there really is no negativity to even get riled up about.

It's just a discussion of different viewpoints and about what is going on and you had to take it down an ugly route for no reason whatsoever.

• Members

Guilty? Did I sad you specifically? Don't let my comment make you not post here. Man up. Every time some one has something negative to say about Days, I can always count on YOU and yes I am calling you out this time to get some spin action going. I have not taken anything down an ugly route.That would be YOU taking things too personal. That's your opinion. Sensitive are we? The only one who seems to be offended is you. Where are these so called "many people"? Never ONCE did I say you were bashing ANYONE here so what are you talking about? The only one who got riled up is YOU. Let's keep the drama where it should be, on Days. At times you do have some valid points. I hope you don't empower me enough to make you not post here any longer. With that said, let's get the focus back to discussing a good show, Days of our Lives. Enough with the side bar

Guest dc cubs

Nice to see Valerie Windman back today as Fay but is that it for VW. I was hoping she would be back for more than one day. Those were great scenes between mother and daughter. Nicole is so far gone with the scheming that she's lying to her own mother.

• Members

Well, sorry if I meant you were talking about me personally but it's hard not to take it that way when I was really the only one going on and on about the issue and then you make that comment. In fact, your response to my post basically implies you were talking about me. And I am not spinning. Read my posts. For example, Toups posted that he was upset with how Bo learned the truth. Well, Bo knew all along since Carly returned and I was correcting him on that and also expressing other viewpoints along with trying to make people realize that what they were suggesting would ruin the story. That's all.

I barely post on this board and you act like I always come out of the woodwork to spin something. I think this is the first time in two years I've made one post in a month LOL. No one else had a problem with what I posted. No one was doing anything like what your post suggested and you come in here and make an accusatory post like you did. THAT is what I have a problem with. That is the kind of junk that makes me stop posting because there is no need for it. That kind of post is designed to stir the pot.

And, yes, you did imply that there was bashing going on. Your post read "I just love the fact we have expert writers and super cheer leaders in here. God forbid if anyone has any negative thoughts on Days. The brain washing continues." How is that not implying that there is some bashing going on?

Also, please don't tell me what to do either. You started this with your post and then you think you can just make a post like that telling me to "Man Up" and such and end this and walk away? Your tone is disrespectful and I advise you (I'm not telling you to do something like you told me, just giving friendly advice) to think before your post. Maybe you weren't trying to do what I think you were doing (and I believe you were but on the slim chance you weren't, I apologize)but to prevent misunderstandings it would be best to be careful.

I also want to apologize in the event that I did upset anyone, even though I don't see how I did when no one else seemed to take issue. Sorry too that the thread is getting bogged down with this but I felt the need to defend myself.

• Administrator

I disagree with that philosophy. I'm in favour of playing up every secret, and every beat, even if the audience already knows. You must SHOW IT ON SCREEN. You have 260 episodes a year, so you do have the luxury of taking your time.

My point was it would've been nice to see THE SCENE where Carly tells him. It still could've been a mystery up to that point. They could've played up the secret until finally Carly had to tell Bo. It should've been done differently than what we saw. I don't mind the subject matter of this storyline, I'm just not in favour of how it's being played out right now.

Archived