DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Administrator

But the beat that they played was all wrong and that's why the reunion on the pier failed - how I'm I suppose to be happy for the guy who just kicked out his baby girl because she wasn't his blood? What should've happened was, maybe: EJ does have thoughts, mix feelings, about Cydney, he can't believe she's not his bio-daughter and he questions if he could love her. He thinks about Edmund, the man who raised him as a child, and the man who knew that EJ wasn't his bio-son, but he loved him nonetheless. Then we see EJ holding Cydney, he's telling her he realizes that it doesn't matter if she's not his bio-daughter and that he love her no matter what. Then Cydney is taken away and we have an episode like when JT was taken away from Bo/Hope (obviously not as emotional because Cyd's not leaving forever like JT did) but you do something similar to that. EJ's all devastated, his heart is broken, he loved that child. We could have scenarios where EJ is reminded of Cydney (a dad playing with his baby girl, etc, something like that). Play that emotional beat. And we could also have Johnny or Ali asking where's Cydney is, they miss her. And EJ explains to them that Cydney is gone to a new family. Play that emotional beat. We have to feel that EJ truly loves Cydney, so when he is reunited with her, it will be something that is real, honest and loving. EJ is just so happy to have her back, that's the most important thing, and her being his bio-kid is....extra. Show that no matter what bad things he does to other people, or what kind of illegal business he's in, he really loves his kids - blood or not. You don't ruin that relationship between father and daughter (so early on) because, like I said, whenever I see them together, I see something's that's damaged, that's false. I want a redemption scene at least. EJ has to win back his daughter in my eyes.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved the Stefano and EJ scenes today. EJ is spiraling, I can see it...after the emotional rollercoaster ride he's been on. I am getting pretty sick of Nicole at this point. Now, she gets out of jail and STILL has very little remorse for all she has done and just continues to try getting gullible saps to do her bidding without batting an eyelash. I consider myself a Bricole fan, but man...Brady should be trying to get her some *therapy* before anything else. A good friend tells you when you're acting like a nutjob, and helps you take steps to rectify it.

• Members

DAYS isn't losing a timeslot. It'll still air in the morning and immediately following primetime, but the graveyard airing was moved to the late afternoon/early evening. The only thing losing a daily airing in this switcheroo is 90210, which loses its second evening airing. AMC picks up that airing by taking over DAYS's graveyard slot. So, technically, 90210 is the only loser here...it'll now air 3x a day, and only 2x when the originals do their thang.

• Members

Okay...I'm giving the show a chance, and I fully intend to watch every episode this week, either on NBC or SOAPnet, but geez...Sami orgasming over "being a Brady!" reminds me of one of the reasons why I washed my hands of this show. I'm just glad it's Sami, who I generally like, and not Bo or Roman, who I generally despise.

• Members

She seems pretty pointless to me. And the backstory for her being shipped away from her mother on Thanksgiving (for winter break this early, no less) is pretty ridiculous. The Hernandez family would make more sense if they were really orphans, as the show sort of made it sound in the beginning.

Sami orgasming over "being a Brady!" is such revolting glitterizing of this once badass bitch I can't even articulate how much I hate the writers for those lines. There's no reason they couldn't have given those lines to Caroline to let her actually interact with the baby (kind of, since I'm pretty sure they tape the baby footage separate of the actors that talk to her when she's in the playpen like that) instead of just having her lurk in the background and the writers using her to bludgeon us with SuperRafe the hero yet again.

• Members

Meh today's show wasn't all that. Mostly filler before the final beat with Nicole's story is played out and transitional stage as we enter the holiday season. I did like that Carly is moving in with Maggie and Hope digging through Carly's stuff. Also I LOVED the conversation between Victor and Vivian. Other than that the stories are cooling off and winding down.

• Administrator

Yeah, DAYS is definitely cooling off but that's expected when their 1 year storyline is almost over. So I think the next few months will be a lot of setup. Victor and Vivian were great and tomorrow looks good too with Kate getting involved. I really want to see scenes where Vivian/Victor/Kate/Stefano are all together - what fun that should be!

Archived