Y&R: Mary Jane look-alike NOT working for me

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually like that they aren't relying on too much of a physical differences to sell the fact that Patty and Emily are two different women. The actress should show us with her acting why these two women are different (the way she talks, the way she carries herself) instead of just saying she's different because she wears glasses. I thought that Emily and Patty were suppose to have a huge rememblence in their apperance, that's why those dayplayers at the GCAC were pointing at Emily. Haircolor goes a long way, Colleen didn't figure out that the blonde women tied to the chair and the brunette woman in the picture JT showed her were the same. We were told what a smart girl Colleen was.

Emily screams like "Stacey Haiduk is a great actress, but we put her character in a corner. The fans won't accept her after the actions she pulled if we did a typical quickie poor is me redemption story and we don't want to do a long term redemption story so well do a look a like". Plus that would stop the critics from bitching about how they could have let such a good actress go, even if her character should be off canvas (kind of like Billy Miller's character Ritchie Novak on AMC). That got me to wondering, how many characters are on this show simply beacuse tptb like the actors/actresses?

Archived