OLTL: Discussion for the week October 19

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that we are supposed to like Elijah and Ross or at least be open to the possibility of liking them. Ross' affection for Blair, love for his daughter and the closeness of the brothers are all ways to sell them to the audience. Something bad may be planned for later on, but I don't see it yet.

Sky isn't going to win Gigi from Rex, but he will move out of their orbit like Brody did. Sky may end up with Stacy or someone completely new.

There are lots of good or not really bad guys as well as not a lot of sleaze on OLTL and I like that even though I find the overall show mediocre.

• Members

Tea is supposed to be our big heroine so if she says Ross is a bad man and a danger to the daughter, I guess we're supposed to agree with her.

They ruined Sky/Stacy a while back, and I'm not sure where else he could go.

OLTL does have some decent guys, but they usually don't really get the attention the others do. Rex and Todd are basically the show's ideal men.

• Members

"Tea is supposed to be our big heroine so if she says Ross is a bad man and a danger to the daughter, I guess we're supposed to agree with her."

I see the character of Tea as an anti-heroine -- I very much like her but I think she has many more shades of gray than the average soap heroine. I also think the writing for Ross has been very sympathetic. I'm much more inclined to think he's in the right in regards to the daughter.

Archived