OLTL: Discussion for the week October 19

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't mind them playing with the old Tea/Rachel dynamic, but I think it's much more interesting that they were once BFF and are now enemies because of Tea's life choices and what happened with Georgie Phillips. Instead OLTL takes the lazy route here: "Well, they both need more female friends, let's reconnect them." Why? Why would Rachel ever give Tea the time of day again when Tea humiliated her and is married to the man who raped her classmate - twice? Why can't Rachel reconnect with Marty, or Tea with...I don't know...Layla?

The Tarty teasing is pretty shameless these days and from what I hear, it's about to get worse. Anything to put them together in utterly inappropriate scenes of shared confidence. OLTL has yet to accept that they destroyed Todd and Marty's rapport last year. They act like it's 1995 again.

• Members

Which ones involve the men being abusive to the women, and sleeping around for the hell of it?

Those will get the most airtime.

Starr/Cole must be a hit with the young demo, I don't know.

I'm still trying to figure out why they keep wasting Sky. I know they dropped the story plans with Starr, which is fine by me, but it's bizarre to think that a man who comes on the show with such a heavy backstory (drug addict, his drug habit caused his mother's suicide) is now a bit player for the Wacky Strippers.

• Members

Greg and Rachel are pretty hot, but I wish they had played the triangle with Shaun more. Rachel never really liked Shawn all that much, so it hasn't had the dramatic impact it might have had. But I still like the Evan's family storyline more than most of the show.

What I cannot stomach is watching Starr and Langston act like sex kittens. Just NO. I don't care what hs students are up to in real life, I know I don't want to watch them acting like Playmates on my soap.

I'm interested in Jared and Natalie's story too. I felt really bad for Charlie today.

Archived