OLTL: Discussion for the week October 19

• Members

Touche. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AMEN.

Starr & Langston are a lot of fun when RC let's them be smart.

When they are trying to be sexy while rubbing themselves all over Cole & Markko it's the most uncomfortable thing ever.

I've never been too into Jared/Nat but the past couple of weeks changed that.

Brotherton & Archer are selling it for all they are worth.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously. It's not much longer until they graduate, so I wish they would just keep the sex scenes and sex talk to a minimum until then. Sadly, I think GH is doing a more realistic version of teen sex right now. By which I mean the insecurity and uncertainty girls feel at that age, not the abuse.

I like the actual storyline more than the couple. It's nice to have a little mystery going on. I think I could have liked the couple, but they were on the back burner for so long. They didn't even get a proper wedding, so I never really got the chance to like them.

• Members
I think it's because they are the ones most fans obsess over. Is there a lot of promotion for John and Marty? I agree about the couples. It's unusual for me to like so many couples on a show but OLTL has the most diverse and rootable couples. I am also interested in Tea/Elijah and Ross/Blair has potential.

• Members

ITA, John and Marty are not promoted at all as a couple. They hardly share any screen time together(thankfully). I get this feeling the show is going in a different direction completely, which makes me think that Marty will be the odd one out soon. Does anyone know if there are any plans for Elijah or Ross to stay on? If not, anyone have any idea who they could possibly hook Marty up with?

• Members

I've seen some support for Gigi/Sky, but the show has taken such effort to make sure Gigi only exists for Rex, I will be surprised if she's ever allowed to have a real relationship with anyone else. I can already imagine the lovely scenes of her in bed with Sky and then she pretends he's the howler monkey.

• Members

I had a lot of problems with that story, chiefly how much of it was endless telling, not showing (they had feelings for each other in what, a week?), and the contrivance of having her father be the man who drove his mother to suicide. I also don't buy KA in any romantic settings -- her attempts at chemistry with him were very hard to watch.

I can't imagine a choice between having to be in a story which will probably be mostly about Todd, and a story which is mostly about Rex.

I wish they could have put him with Rachel.

• Members

Yes, because as ES pointed out she looks about 12. I was very against that story at the time and I have a feeling I wasn't alone. All I'm saying is that after she's an adult I'm ok with them going there, but not before. If they don't that's fine too, but something needs to end Starr and Cole soon, for the sake of my viewing pleasure.

• Members

I have a hard time buying Kristen in any romantic relationship, even after she turns 18. I was the same way with Erin Torpey.

I would like to see Cole and Starr stay together and Starr get stories that do not involve her love life. I think they should put Starr into a job, have her really fight to get ahead, to get noticed, to find a voice besides the traumatized teen/daughter of screwed-up parents. Have her adjusting to the real world, and Cole can be her supportive partner.

Archived