'Housewives' heads to daytime TV

Rakesh

• Members

Although I wish I could have watched the OC in order... I'm really enjoying S4 so far. WHO KNEW (maybe I'm just in the dark) that Gretchen was with that OLD man? And she is taking good care of him too, so I actually am liking her a lot. I just know she ends up getting with Slade at some point, so I can't wait to see why/how that happened. Did this old man die?

Vicki has always been my favorite, but she's pissing me off a bit with her "veteran housewife" elitism AND the way she treats Don. I mean if Don isn't satisfying her as a husband..fine.. but don't air out to everyone at dinner that y'all don't even know each other anymore as if it's no big deal. I also didn't like how he wasn't "invited" to a family vacation - WTF?????

I didn't realize Lauri left so soon into Season 4 - that came as a shock.

I really would like to know what happens to these housewives after they leave the show... like Tammy and her daughters were a huge part of the show (OC Energy Drink?) in S2 and S3 it seems, but once Season 4 started, there is no mention of them? Not having seen S3 (except the first two episodes), maybe they tell us in the finale and reunion.

Also curious about an update on Lauri and Josh.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You didnt know Gretchen was with Jeff? She came on with the bad rap of being a gold digger. I instantly did not like her before seeing this season and prematurely judged her but now seeing it, she does ALOT for that man. Maybe its for money, who knows, but she definetly brings some light into his life and makes him happy. I thought it was so wrong of Tamra to judge her and try to knock her down. Gretchen's relationship is no one's business but her and Jeff

With that said, I only found out she is with Slade a few weeks ago and that rubbed me the wrong way considering Jo appeared on the show as Gretchen's friend. I didnt even know she was still with him that long

Vicki, yes! I HATE how she treats Don. That line about "Oh you must be Vicki's husband. I dont know your name but who cares" line pissed me off. She is so disrespecful to him and in pubklic which is ALWAYS a no no in a relationship. She doesnt realize how hurtful and humuliating she is being

Based on her looks, I thought I would love Lynne but she's irritating me. I hate how she refused to say ehr age. She drew more attention to it that way. I wish more woman would own their age. If she'sn 50 then she needs to be proud of it and looking damn good for an older doll. You arent 25, so stop trying to live like you are

I hate that they dont follow up with past housewives either. They do this with the other seasons as well. In Atlanta, DeeShawn just dropped off the face of the earth without even a mention in the next season. Bravo should do a special once a year called "Where Are They Now" to catch up with former cast members

• Members

That is a great idea --- or even a 1-2 hour special between seasons! For some reason I care more about how the kids are than how the housewives are...lol.

I have actually only seen the first season of OC in its entirety. I also saw the first few episodes of Season 3. I only looked online about the ladies and who they are/dating/married to/etc. So I knew about Gretchen and Slade, but never saw them on the show. So this Jeff thing was very surprising to me, and although I've read that people don't like Gretchen, I think she's being a wonderfully caring fiance. I don't think its all about the money, bc you can really tell she cares about him and wants his kids to be with him. I haven't seen Season 5 yet (although its in my DVR waiting for me thanks to their 12/30 marathon on Bravo), but for now as I start with her on Season 4 (her first season), she's in my favorite list.

Lynn just seems clueless - like she's floating along with her life. She really needs to reel her daughters in. This could be dangerous for her family. Will be interesting to see how she is in Season 5.

Tamra is just a two-faced bitch. She likes to talk crap behind everyone's back. Her husband is pretty hot though! haha

I'm surprised by how bad Jeana's kids act towards her too. I was taken aback by Shane's attitude towards her and Vicki when they went to see his baseball game. Speaking of that trip - very nice to see Season 1's Kimberley! She looked so different with her hair and skin.

I wonder what they will show next after Season 4. I hope they go back to Season 2, or start on New Jersey perhaps. The S4 OC reunion is next Monday per my DVR. I think that's just one episode, so I should know what they plan to show by tomorrow morning.

• Members

Kimberly was on? Im glad I missed her bc I couldnt stand her in season 1. I especially disliked her more after I heard she tried to break up Slade and Jo by lying about Lauri sleeping with him just bc Jo wouldnt support her in some radio show she did. She rubbed me the wrong way.

Gretchen getting drunk at Tamra's party was crazy! Girl was wasted. I was hoping she wouldnt cheat on Jeff with Ryan and thank god she didnt. I did like this angle though for the drama it caused Tamra...haa

I thought it was extra tacky of Vicki to try and get Gretchen to force Jeff into a wedding from the hospital bed. It really is none of her business

• Members

NJ was a short season. I think like 7 or 8 episodes. It should be interesting bc its the only time all the women talked to each other and hung out. It definetly sets up a different dynamic bc there was a single episode where they were all together in season 2. LOVED the Dina vs Danielle feud. That was gold.

Oh and I guess I was behind on OC bc I just saw the Kimberly cameo yesterday. I hate teh way Jeana's son Shane talks to her. He's an arrogant prick. I was shocked to hear though that she allows her kids to have sex in her home at 16. What! No parent puts up with that

• Members

Haha Cheap - we spoke too soon... looks like the OC group has their finale wrap-party and brings all former housewives in! Did you see the show yesterday? We saw Tammy and her daughters, Jo/Slade, Kimberley, Lauri and her kids... I guess we didn't get Quinn (she was barely a housewife anyway). But it was nice to see them, albiet brief. I still wonder why Tammy left the show... we know about Lauri and Jo.

Looks like this tradition holds true for this coming Season 6 - at least Jeana returns.

• Members

Lynne is totally spacey and I think she lost several brain cells back in college... it's like she's high on life 100% now.

Watching the Lost Footage right now, and while I've never been a huge fan of Andy Cohen, he really is disrespectful to the women. I hate how he talks to them behind the scenes.

• Members

Im glad Im not the only one that is annoyd by him. He's a very likeable man but theres eomthing about him I dont like. He comes across as way too much of a fan, very childlike and immature at time. Definetly not as professional as I would have expected him to be. I was shocked when I heard he was the top dog in charge of these shows and many otehr Bravo ones. Knowing that made it surprisng that he would even have an interveiw show for the various cast members

I know! Its crazy seeing any of them be cool with Danielle...lol. What did you think of Dina? She was my fave season 1. I loved her feud with Danielle and how uppity she was. She did come across stuck up and like a bitch at times but I found her funny and had to laugh

• Members

Haha, I loved Dina too... I was sad to see her go halfway through Season 2. Now with Danielle gone, I thought they would bring her back for Season 3, but I guess not :(

Speaking of NJ --- They are starting Season 2 next Wednesday!!! :) I missed the first couple of episodes that Season, so I'm happy. I started that season just as Dina was leaving.

So that will run for quite a few weeks - wasn't that a long season? I wonder where they will go next though - it'll be in March. I hope they go back to NYC Season 3 (if they have the rights - I bet so if they have Season 2 for NJ - since that aired after NYC S3, right?).

Archived