OLTL: Discussion for the week October 12

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL

You guys crack me up. :lol:

My guess is that it was just simply a rewrite for some reason or that John Rue was unavailable the day they taped the scenes, so they got January LaVoy to take his place for that episode.

Either way, Noelle and Jack together crack me up.

• Members

WOW, has everyone stopped watching this show.

Didn't mined today. I feel like the show is giving me a whole lot of filler the last few weeks, which is kind of boring but has me excited as well because that usually means something big is going to happen.

• Members

I wanted to take a few days break from whining about Tea/Todd or Rex/Gigi. When I saw the latter I almost didn't even watch the episode. I was looking at some posts from summer 2008 and was amazed at how popular they used to be.

I did like Fish tasering Ross. Why couldn't you have done that to Jake Martin, Fish? He really deserved it.

I was going to ask if anyone knew the story they had in mind for Natalie and Jared when she was having panic attacks and hated Jessica for locking her up, and was obsessed with taking care of baby Chloe. Was she going to try to take custody of Chloe and then find out the paternity and keep it a secret?

• Members

I hear you loud and clear. Even today's scenes with Gigi and Rex arguing were hard to watch knowing it does give hope for a Sky/Gigi pairing. I think the only way to fix this now is to keep driving threw it and break Rex and Gigi up. As for T.B.T. I would have no problem with this storyline if Blair did all these things and really didn't want any part of Todd. If this were a twisted psychological Roger/Holly like story where they kept trying to find a way out of each others orbits but only hurt each other more I'd be fine with it. But having strong and confident Blair one week tell John she finally realizes how abusive Todd is one week and then running after him the next is just stupid.

• Members

They can't have Todd/Blair as Roger/Holly because Holly was the one love of Roger's life. Many different people ran GL, some good, some awful, but that was the throughline. With Todd, we're supposed to believe, at various times, that Tea, Blair, Evangeline, and Marty have been the love of his life. I think the only love of Todd's life is himself. I also think that this story is so very shallow, it's just gimmick on top of gimmick because they are still running from what they did to Todd last year. I wish they could just keep Todd and Tea together and leave everyone else out of it. Give Blair another story. Allow Viki to stop looking like a hypocrite by enabling him.

I have no interest in Gigi and Schuyler because the show has made it clear Rex is all she cares about. I think they made a very conscious decision last year when she was so nasty to Brody for months and when she stopped interacting with most of the other people on the show, and that decision was to reinforce to viewers that Gigi is there for Rex, no one else.

Even if Farah Fath were a stronger actress, and Gigi a more sympathetic character, I wouldn't go there, because Rex is the leading man. I think Schuyler is only in this story because they have nothing else for him to do. He was supposed to be with Starr but that was abruptly dropped. I think they may just be biding their time until they can write him out. Schuyler is a nice guy and relatively intelligent and also respectful to women, so he really has no business being a leading man on this show.

Archived