Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 5, 2009

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought when Abby was very young, or a baby, Colleen left an ecstasy pill around the house and Abby swallowed it.

Oh, that's right. Sorry.

I was thinking of Coronation Street. A little girl on there swallowed ecstasy her uncle left in the house.

• Members

I wonder how Colleen's funeral will turn out. I'm sure it will be most about Billy's grief and very little about Traci and Jack...

Gina should be in attendance at the funeral, it would be even better if they got her to sing something. I doubt it though.

I hear this is Beth Maitland's last week, so I think she's gone after the funeral.

• Members

Can you imagine David Platt in Genoa City? He'd be in Heaven! Crazy psychos run amok!

I do think the funeral will be about Billy, but I'm hoping we will have some Traci time, and some JT time.

So we're not going to get to see Noah at all with Sharon or Victor, right? I just have to LOL at that. I kind of hope he's making plans to change his name and move to Timbuktu to work with orphans. And he will tell everyone that his entire family was killed by a roving band of Williams sisters.

• Members

Time seems to go really slowly in GC as Sharon has been in that institution since around August 11th, and yet got an "early" release due to her baby loss. What kind of mental institution releases a patient who is nuts immediately after experiencing an awful trauma?

Noah is back tomorrow.

They fucked Colleen up when they hired Sursok. <_< (My God. The accent)

• Members

Yeah but not because of Sursok. The current PTB simply had no use for this character.

Actually, Colleen's personality first changed (and not for the better) when Leon took over. Colleen was never a conceited bitch when Fonseca played her. They might as well have brought Leon on as a new character (or better yet - not at all). Sursok's Colleen went through a number of personalities: first she was a supportive BFF to Lily and moral compass for Brad, then she was made into a skank to prop Amber and it wasn't until Brad died that they started writing her the way she should have been written all along. And then they killed her. <_<

• Members

Let's not kid ourselves here, Latham had no use for her at all either. Not to mention, she was hardly popular in the role. While she may have her fans, she wasn't on much to define that role and many never saw her as Colleen. She also couldn't hide her accent, and she knew she was playing the role of a Midwestern American girl. It may not have been noticeable to you, but it was to many. While they could have recast, I think they preferred simply not writing for her. She never had a main storyline where she was the lead, and no one cared to give her one. I think it says a lot when her most episodes in a month happened when she was playing dead for the majority of them...

Sursok's Colleen had multiple personalities because she would go months without ever being on and then spending months where she would only be on like 3 times. It was hard for anyone to keep track of her, and they tried to write her to match Tammin's strength as an actress and it still didn't work for many.

But anyway, she's gone and will never be back on the show. Those of us who never liked her acting are thrilled, even with the unfortunate loss of the character that should have never happened. I don't want this thread becoming another Tammin soaked thread...

• Members

To me you write out a permanent exit for character who is played by an irreplaceable actor: Jill, Nikki, Jack, Victor, Katherine etc not someone who never managed to make the role their own despite years longer in the role than the predecessors. Since Y&R seems determined to have a death every 6 months, for what I can only believe is an attempt at an Emmy nom, who will be next? Mac, Noah or Abby??? Two of the three are played by badly casted actors so it must be the characters time to die.

• Members

Latham was the one who recast Colleen. (One of her few smart moves.) I assume she wasn't given heavy story during Latham's final months because Latham was giving the audience time to adjust to the change. Had Latham stayed on, Colleen probably would've had heavy story in 2008 (probably not good story, but story nonetheless).

Make no mistake - I noticed it. It just didn't bother me because she had the acting skills to more than make up for it.

The fact that they didn't recast goes to prove my point: it was the character they had no interest in.

Archived