Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 5, 2009

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was hoping Chance's virginity wouldn't really matter -- that it would instead be about Chloe falling for somebody despite herself, despite Billy, despite being the "experienced" one. Falling in love would leave her feeling vulnerable and exposed. Therefore it would be about her feelings for Chance and not about OMGZ Chance iz a vur-GIN. Chloe's gotta devirginate him!

I think the virginity thing is meant to suggest that Chance is a stand-up guy?

I honestly don't think John Driscoll has been given anything remotely substantial in terms of material for us to be able to judge his acting skills in any meaningful way.

• Members

Well, maybe. But he's awful now. Squinty eyed, not a lot of emotion, he relishes in playing irritated with occasional explosions. I wanted to see the wounded boy who got shipped off by his papa and mama, and whose early paternity rupture damaged him and made it hard for him to make bonds/trust. I don't see any of that, basically, these days. He gets angry at Amber for screwing other guys, but he's basically a trusting wimp with no emotional complexity.

I agree. It makes little sense. If he'd say "The lesson at my church is that you save yourself for marriage", I'd buy that. (Although I have a hard time imagining Nina raising a church goer...but maybe she's changed off canvas). But he's never alluded to any reason for being this way. That's not bad...but it seems not real.

• Members

That's true, but then, none of that is really called for in Daniel's current material. When he gets more to do, like his goodbye to Colleen, he does a good job.

Last night, I had a dream which took place someone in the 70s, where Victor and his first wife Julia, went to some foreign place, I think Spain or Mexico, and ran into Annie Sugden from Emmerdale.

Perhaps they should have Victor's exit be a reunion with Julia, and they move to Spain.

• Members

Daniel goes to the optometrist, who becomes obsessed with him. Played by Annie Parisse, she drugs and rapes him. Adam kills her for November sweeps, so he can have her corneas. Get it -- eye doctor, corneas? They can't pass that irony up.

Archived