OLTL: Discussion for the week October 5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She punched Marty so I don't think Tea is the long-suffering martyr to Marty. She didn't slap Nora because Nora slapping her in a court of law made Nora face charges, I thought.

I can't be thrilled about her hitting Blair when she grovels at the feet of a man who has abused her physically, mentally, and emotionally for years, and even left her for dead. Until she does she's just yet another self-hating victim who asks the man in her life to break her down to nothing.

• Members

I am so sick of this show beating a dead horse with this whole "you don't have a child, so you don't know what it's like to be a mother/love a child thing" thing. Blair and Nora have both said it to Tea so many times, that it's beyond contrived. Hello annoying writers WE. GET. IT. It must be a guy writing this crap because any woman would know that the maternal instinct is alive and well before we actually give birth. I had a very good idea of how to love a child before I had one (or should I say two) and I'm sure most other women do too. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this whole Jared/ stalker thing. That's the most interesting part of the show for me right now. I just can't believe Jared is actually guilty, but he had to be involved in some way.

• Members

Everytime Blair and Téa face off, I get a MEGA "hate sex" vibe from the both of them. They totally get off on hurting each other. Even smacking the everlasting sh!t out of each other looks like foreplay.

Dorian and Robin Strasser are golden. Just watching her spout out a few condescending phrases in Spanish just to get the Hispanic vote... :lol:

• Members

I don't mind using history (they've effectively mined Rachel's past in her return), but not when it's just dredging up history for the sake of it, like their anniversary stories last year. That's what this seemed like to me.

Archived