September 14-18, 2009

Toups

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That clock started ticking as soon as GL was canned.

I don't know how many GL viewers will go to other soaps. Many of the viewers left at GL were probably old time fans, and they usually did not switch. They will stay with CBS or just stop watching soaps. I think many of them will stop watching soaps. I know some CC fans will be watching DAYS, but I'm not sure if that will move numbers.

• Members

In all fairness, it was premiere week for the 2nd week in a row for most of the syndication shows and viewership was up for most of them so it's no surprise to see a boost in soap ratings. Even without the hype with GL's final week, The numbers would've been up due to the lead-in in earlier time spots in certain areas.

Normally, over the past year from what I see, when most syndication ratings are up, soap viewership goes down and vice verse. If syndication ratings are a mixed bag, soap ratings will be too. It's very rare that syndication and soap ratings would parallel with one another. I'm into what the ratings will be from a month from now.

• Members

I don't know where TPIR or the view ratings are at but for the most of the syndication ratings are posted at http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ on a weekly basis in the Syndication & Distribution section. You be amazed at how many shows get renewed with the numbers they're getting.

I'm surprise that many people hasn't know about this ratings trend.

Also, an another trend that I found out was pro wrestling programming on cable follow the same trend as I posted early. It has been a while since I focus on wrestling ratings to compare the pattern between that and soaps.

Archived