Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

While watching the August 1991 episode, I was very surprised to see Hawk running Company. I thought he and Sarah had gone to Italy by this time. Had Sarah just gone?

I was also reminded, as if I needed a reminder, of how incredibly unpleasant and dour Nick and Mallet were in every scene, and how Harley and Mindy were drained of any life or personality for these brooding pricks. I never liked the decision to make Harley a cop. I never liked her relationship with Mallet. I thought that might change over time but it never does.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would have been great. Or working at WSPR, with Nadine.

I forgot to mention that I loved all the scenes with Maureen and Ed dealing with Bridget and her boyfriend, and that Dylan/Bridget scene. I think the next episode is when Maureen berated Bridget for letting Elvis into their home - I remember being enthralled by it. There was so much power in Ellen Parker's work.

They handled Bridget just about perfectly in her first few years on the show.

• Members

Yeah didnt like Harley becoming a Cop either, kinda limited her and changed her to become a sanctimonious pest imo lol.

LOL @ Bridget trying to seduce Dylan, who knew she would end up becoming the love of his life !

• Members

Yes, it was :(

In that 1988 episode, they talk about HB being gone. Was this just some vacation? Larry Gates wasn't actually gone?

How long did they last with writing Mindy as being part of Lewis Oil? I can't see her in that role.

It's interesting how they write Alan with such layers here - he wants to get back in business but doesn't want to hurt Alex or Phillip. Too bad that nuance did not last.

This must have been one of Pilon's first episodes as Alan.

• Members

I was reading an August 1989 SOD column which talked a little about what fans had been writing in to the magazine.

They included:

- fans wanted Justin, Beth, and Mike back on the show (I wonder if the fans were happy with the later handling of those two returns...)

- fans felt that Josh was not a good enough or strong enough man for Reva, as Kyle Sampson was

- fans wanted Roger to stay on, and reunite with Holly

- fans were tired of young characters like Rose being killed, and even worse, their love interests moving on to other beds too fast