• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From the May 1972 Daytime TV.

Madeline Sherwood (Betty Eiler) and Graham Jarvis (Charles Eiler) finished their roles in January. Lee Richardson, playing police captain Jim Swanson, and David Pendleton (Gil Mehron) also completed their parts. Jeanne Arnold, as Mrs. Ellen Mason, mother of Janet, returned to the cast in January.

• Members

Variety May 5th 1971

Barbara Rodell switched from CBS-TV's "Secret Storm" soaper to same web's "Guiding Light"

Nov 71 - Tudi Wiggins has joined the cast of "Guiding Light" on CBS-TV Never seen a mention of Tudi's character Karen in synopses.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I think Lee Lawson was miscast as Bea. I have not seen a daily grind of her character, just episodes and clips here and there, but she always seems too perky to make me believe she's a hard-working, poor-but-proud, single mother of 4-5 kids.

Barbara seems like a pill to me, although apparently that was her role.

• Members

Thanks for sharing your opinion Carl. I just can't get caught up in those characters and I usually like the mother figures/vets the most. I just find them boring and out of place. That sounds harsh though, but when I compare them to characters of today, I would take themm.

• Members

Unfortunately most of Barbara's time in the story is not around, and most of what we see is her hovering over Holly, and complaining about Roger, and bitching about Rita, which gets on my last nerve, although apparently Rita was despised by many viewers at the time, so I guess Barbara represented them. She isn't a mother figure in my eyes, as she has no real role in that capacity. She mostly just reacts to Holly.

I'm not sure if she was a better character when Stanley Norris was around and she had both Ken and Holly to interact with.

I think that she's probably a very realistic character, and soaps did need those. But when she's in scenes with Bert you can see the big difference in how vital the characters were.

• Members

If you compare Barbara Norris to her role as Bridget on Another World, you can see that Barbara Berjer could show different sides in her performances. So I can totally understand not like Barbara Norris as she wasn't the most sympathetic of characters.