Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’d have to look at the timeline, but it appears that Denise was hired as Katie to replace Fran Myers as Peggy in the nurses station. Fran went to California and they needed someone behind that desk. Denise didn’t remember who she replaced in that “role.”

Alan said he couldn’t find THE CRADLE WILL FALL online/streaming but it’s been on YouTube for years. 

Jerry seemed much more engaged this time and I’d love to see him again with his former love interests in a Ross-centric episode:  Sherry.   Liz.  Jane.  Toby.  Kathleen.  Maureen.  Jean Carol.  I’d love to see Mary Kay Adams in there too and hear why India/Ross didn’t happen. 

Until my dream episode of Mart, Lenore, Maureen, Millette, and Fran...I’ll keep watching but the “older” the better!

• Members

Did anybody catch today's reunion? Was anything remotely interesting said? (this is me blatantly trying to save me 1 hour of my time haha)

I find it a bit annoying that Alan tries to keep it so PC. When Denise Pence had the courage to bring up Zaslow, finally something really compelling was being addressed. There was no need to dance around it because the fans were quite eager to get into details in the comments. The people who tune in for these things are die-hard fans and they are already disillusioned to the BTS drama.

@antmunoz Yes, they were saying in the comments that the woman was Peggy Fletcher.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Slightly OT topic about the '82 Emmys: Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Pippin) apparently had a lucrative side hustle as the go-to composer for daytime. He also contributed the legendary "Stories of Our Lives" opening from '88.

• Members

It's the "Actors who were woefully miscast in their roles, and therefore forgettable, or actors who played irrelevant characters who added nothing to TGL in the first place" reunion LOL I'm joking. It's the Boudreaux family. I think that cool anecdotes can come out of these random reunions, even if the participants had minor roles. However I'm just dreading the tech errors that might have taken place this time (I suffer from secondhand embarrassment). Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I do understand his POV but still. Things like the Zaslow firing happened almost 30 years ago. P&G has long forgotten about this and nobody cares - except for us. I don't see the harm really.

• Members

Mr. Tony Reardon..hot as hell..poor Frank Cooper was always a pale imitation.  I heard he was difficult but did Beacroft leave on his own and why was he never asked back as an older, wiser, even sexier Tony?  Wonder what he would have been like it Ehlers..or even Zimmer??Brown does look overjoyed at that time with GH GL was an also ran and that and the other ABC shows were getting all the press.

• Members

Denise said in her Locher Room interview how surprised she was that they used that clip at the ceremony for GL's Best Show Emmy.  It was pretty steamy and Greg B was delicious.  Not sure why he didn't go further with his career.  Always enjoyed him...

• Members

So funny to see him then looking like a nice young insurance salesman. 40 years later, he’s a leather daddy. All things considered, he’s aged well.

OT: I can’t with how extra both Tony Geary and Robin Strasser were when they won.