Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maree was on for a hot minute and told her story about being cold in NYC and wearing fuzzy slippers in the studio. Mary Stuart took one look at her and said, “This is our new sex symbol?”  Mary told the same story in her book BOTH OF ME. 

Marcia was an extra on the show one week then auditioned for Laine the next. Obviously she didn’t get that, but Mary-Ellis Bunim asked her if she’d auditioned for Sunny. 

Michael looks good but needs to go gray. The darker-than-natural hair color is distracting.  

• Members

Marcia and Michael had lovely things to say about Maree, Mary and Larry. 

Susan Scannell couldn’t participate today but wants to do a future show. 

Michael’s favorite Suzi was Elizabeth Swackhamer, oddly enough. They’re still close friends but I don’t think she lasted more than 13 weeks. 

Marcia mourned for Marcus Smythe and Doug Stevenson. 

Their favorite producer was Joanna Lee. 

• Members

Hogan was on the show when Sunny was raped by Jack. Lee was years earlier. 

They joked about ANOTHER LIFE. “A Christian soap opera filmed locally in West Virginia!”  They couldn’t remember the name. SEARCH FOR JESUS?, suggested Michael. 

Marcia said Mary Stuart couldn’t swim and was actually in danger of drowning while in a water tank filming the flood. 

• Members

I think @DRW50meant if Joanna Lee was producer. She wasn’t. Lee’s last episodes aired in December 1983 and the rape was February 1984. The story was in its early stages as she left or right after. 

Ellen Barrett was producer. I think she wanted less scenes which would explain why there was the rape episode

• Members

Whoops. I went immediately to the character of Lee, not Joanna Lee. 

Gawd, Alan. Marcia mentioned Dennis Parlato from OLTL and Alan said he temporarily replaced Chris Bernau on GL

Michael Zaslow, you idiot.  And not temporarily. 

Then he asked Marcia if she enjoyed working with Larry Lau on ATWT and she was like, I didn’t.  LOL. Her few scenes on one episode were with Van Hansis. 

• Members

I thought Marcia and Michael were good panelists...and Alan didn't talk too much.

I did like Marcia's answer when Alan asked if she'd go back in daytime.  Basically no soaps in the East Coast and writers not writing for women of a certain age.

Maybe time for Alan to hand the reigns over to someone else.  How could he not know about the live episode.  Lack of good research.

Edited by Soaplovers