OLTL: Discussion for the week August 3

• Members

I think Blair is teflon. People have been calling her pathetic since I started watching, but she always got the audience on her side through her hardscrabble determination and emotion, and she always survived good story or bad. KDP has something imbued in the character and herself that you can't buy or manufacture the way soaps try to do with newer "bad girls," and it's why she is still going strong while pushing 50 on an ABC soap.

Personally, I still think Blair is being very deliberately (though humiliatingly) played as the underdog to come out on top here, but I also think the show changes up and switches gears on who to root for every few weeks to [!@#$%^&*] with the fanbases. And you change up and [!@#$%^&*] with fanbases plenty, old school soaps let triangles wander and meander for years, but there has to be a real story behind it; there isn't here, yet.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. That "Kish" kiss was worth waiting for. Great, powerful scenes between Kyle and Fish. Beautifully written (the conflict between them felt so REAL). I haven't been this interested in a soap opera storyline in years. Excellent episode, genuine chemistry, great kiss!! More, please.

• Members

A male/female soap kiss will probably always be better, since there isn't any fear of backlash. I just don't buy Farah Fath in romantic situations, and I don't understand why Schuyler cares about her.

I thought both kisses were OK. I was more impressed by the performance from Scott Evans. Now that we're getting to know more about Fish's struggles I think he's really stepped up to the plate.

Who is Frankie Negron exactly? Did he have a big hit? I have heard his name somewhere, I just don't remember where.

• Members

I thought the Kyle and Fish kiss was kind of sloppy...lol. The writing before the kiss was nicely done but was this their first meaningful talk?? I have to rewatch it on SoapNet tonight. It was hard to watch ..flipping back and forth between OLTL and ATWT.

Btw..the two actors do have good chemistry.

• Members

I missed a bit now on SoapNet. What did Fish see with Roxie and Kyle to make him so mad? I missed that scene. He tells Kyle ...you didnt tell Roxie. And Kyle says she wont tell anyone. What happened before that scene?

• Members

Llanview is just across the river from Pine Valley.

And I doubt Llanview is turning homophobic....its already been there once (1992) and that was more than enough.

I think this go around the struggle is more in Fish's mind than in the town's attitude. And I think Kyle just meant that Fish thinks he might be teased by his fellow cops if they knew he was gay.

Archived