OLTL: Discussion for the week August 3

• Members

Todd has truly been forgiven, I guess. Everyone, even Jessica, seemed amused and pleased when he wanted people to clear out of the way for Tea to catch the bouquet.

I hope they won't kill Jared. He's a solid presence and he isn't a douchebag, and soaps have few men now who fit both bills.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another good episode today, IMO. My only beef was Dorian getting drunk again. How sad that Ms. Strasser not only had to play drunk, but also had to pass out on a church pew after interrupting the ceremony. Shame on you RC. Robin, Dorian and the fans deserve better.

• Members

-The only reason IMO Jared seems expendable these days is bc they stopped focusing on Jared trying to gain Clint's acceptance and what is the guy to do now when he's not working at BE pulling off corporate plots? I think Jared's potential would have went through the roof if OLTL focused on him working at BE, and maybe even being a force to be reckoned with in the board room.

-I find it interesting that when on Y&R, if someone interrupts a event in a drunken manner at the rate Dorian has been doing lately, it would be a hint of a social issue story on the horizon, with Dorian's character getting some help and attending AA. However with OLTL it seems, it's only played for comedic purposes and to give the illusion of some boring plot progressing on. It's kind of getting tiring.

• Members

If she were on Y&R she'd probably get drunk, roll around on the beach, and yell out "VICTOR!!!!"

I still wonder why they stopped the BE stuff so abruptly. Was that Frons again?

Instead we get the horrible Gigi/Rex/Stacy. Isn't it touching that Gigi lying to Rex for a decade about having his child has now been turned into an act of love.

• Members

They are basically the only reason I continue to watch. I currently find just about everything non-Todd related to be either atrociously bad, or just boring. Llanview is Todd's universe AFAIC, everyone else just lives there.

• Members

I don't think Jared is going anywhere. Why would he? I think the anvils are indicative of the show preparing to use him in this stalker story maybe as the red herring.

The wedding was a little boring as most soap weddings go but still beautiful nonetheless. Dorian and Blair interrupting was entertaining but I hope they get some mileage out of it by building on the circumstances of their characters.

• Members

This week has been the best OLTL seen in months. And tomorrow is going to be big, too.

Now, I just read something that is making me speculate. And I repeat, SPECULATE. Here we go:

I know most people would be pissed if this happens but I think it's brilliant.

• Members

I agree as well....and I'm sure which was the funniest...his ringtone as his cell phone was going off during the ceremony, the funny faces he made as Charlie was saying his vows to Viki, or his trying to catch Viki's bouquet. :lol:

Archived