Y&R: Episode discussion for week of July 27

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's so much venom in this thread, and I just don't want to add to it. I know you don't believe in this philosophy (and that's cool), but if I hate a show that much, I just stop watching it. I've done it with every other daytime soap (except OLTL and B&B now that Hearst is back), and when I've finally had enough, I'll walk away from Y&R too.

I come here to have discussions, not come up with nasty nicknames for writers I think are hacks, and bully other post-ers (Not that you do either, just throwing out examples). I want to talk about the things I like about the show, and the things I think need improvement. There are some things I like about the show. I won't be embarrassed by that, and made to feel like I'm some low-class moron for that. I think watching Stacy Haiduk work is mesmerizing. I've hated Cane Ashby for three years, and somehow my opinion of him is changing. I think Lily's story is heartbreaking, and now that we seem to be in the final act of Patty/MJ, I'm enjoying watching the walls close in and Jack start to figure it out. I've always been a Bergman fan, so watching him and Davidson team up is great fun for me.

That being said, I don't really care about Gloria and Jeff and don't know why they're on the show. Deacon and Amber is completely wrong on every level, and a waste of their chemistry. Phillip should have been a year-long story, told MUCH differently (with some serious training for Thom about six months before he came back to the studio), and this Chance story is non-existent. Nick is made to look like a ping-ponging fool, and I want Ashley to get a backbone - even if it means Adam has to try and crush it again, at least show me she's TRYING to pull her sh!t together. So I can root for her. I understand she needs to be a little bit of a victim for this arc of the story, but DAMN, there is a way to make her a victim plot-wise while not making her a complete airhead character-wise. A little cat and mouse with Adam and Ashley would be GREAT here. And we never got the proper motivation for Sharon's lie.

It could be a lot better. If I was in control, I would do things much differently (but probably be equally as reviled by somebody). But I'm not. This is a TV show. One I greatly respect and enjoy, and one I can usually find something to like as much as I roll my eyes and think "Oh come on - you people can do so much better!". But I don't feel the need to fill up pages and pages and pages, like the more I hate on it, the better chance I'll have of getting what I want. Unless I'm in an in-depth discussion with you or Mark or Carl or caramia or any of the other "regulars" around here, I usually try (and sometimes fail) to just post a couple things about that day's show and just move on. You'll know I hate this show when I just stop posting in this thread. Because I just don't see the point of watching it if it makes me that angry.

• Members

Fair enough, I simply didn't think this show registered an F with you in recent times.

And over in the Potpourri thread, you seem to using the excuse (for lack of a better word) that daytime is dying and you're just enjoying what's left of it, so with that kind of outlook, I didn't think you graded this show as an F recently.

I think we can all agree on that the show needs lots of improvement, and our hearts are in the right place when we post about this show, generally.

• Members

Oh, it has. I've been sorely disappointed. But the second I say that, I got ten posts saying "FINALLY! WE CONVERTED HIM!", and really... that's just weird. LOL!

Well, that's all true. I am trying to enjoy what's left of it. Some weeks are MUCH harder than others. Some weeks, the grandparent has no idea who I am, and the dementia is at its worst. Too many weeks in a row of that and I'll just pull the plug. I'm a prick like that. :)

Absolutely. I can agree on both counts. I just think some of the stuff around here is an exercise in futility, and just feeding off of each other's anger and frustration. But if it makes you feel better, than you have my apologies. I shouldn't judge. :)

• Members

She didn't know Cane wasn't her son until recently. Cane's always been nicer to her than Billy, who almost never cares about her and usually only talks to her when he needs to tell her what a bad mother he is. Billy only has interest in any of his relatives when he needs something, or wants to nail one of their wives.

After what Billy did to Chloe I hope she laughs in his face if he tries to make her move out. She has her mother there, and Katherine, and Murphy. Billy would probably make her move in that trailer and he'd use her bedroom at the mansion to hook up with Mac.

• Members

I hate it that Jill brought Cane to the mansion and everyone is already gaga around him. He's a f-in a-hole and shouldn't be around that family. I hate it that it took him less than a month (!) to get their respect back.

In a month or two we'll be back to having scenes with Cane and Lily doing it in front of Humphrey. Yawn.

• Members

OMG now who's racist :P lmao Canadian accent. I laugh at that. It's a little easier to get over, trust me. I imagine I have a Canadian accent too (Whatchoo talkin' 'bout eh?), but I'd still probably play a better Colleen ;) ... if she took steroids, had a sex change and dyed her hair blonde. At least it'd be a little less inexplicable. (the accent... I mean... wow Colleen is suddenly a man but at least she sounds like she should) BAHAHA

y&r_fan, I keep telling myself I'm going to stop bugging you but you make it too easy. Nothing personal though B)

• Members

Yes! and Tonya Lee Williams... Canadian racism :P

LMAO - I see a PSA coming on...

Canadians are just like you and I. They just have better beer, have a religious reverence for hockey and some of them speak French.

Then, even though she isn't Canadian, Beth Ehlers, who sees herself as Shakespearean will come out and say

Hath not a Canadian eyes?

Hath not a Canadian ears?

Hath not the Canadians maple syrup?

Archived