GL Replacement Decision Delayed Until August 3rd

• Members

Pyramid and Let's Make a Deal Confirmations Delayed?

Friday July 24, 2009

We've been waiting all week for CBS to confirm what we're all hoping will come to fruition: that new versions of Pyramid and Let's Make a Deal will be the replacement shows for the canceled soap opera Guiding Light. Wednesday, in fact, was meant to be decision day.

According to game show aficionado Steve Beverly, who runs a newsletter called The Game Show Fix, CBS has pushed the date back to August 3rd, citing the desire to see more pilots before committing the slots. This could certainly spell bad news for one or both of the shows, even though Pyramid is already casting.

What we don't know, however, is what type of show CBS is wanting to see more pilots for. If they're looking at other game shows, then we may still end up with another hour-long game show block to accompany The Price is Right. It's entirely possible that they'll still go ahead and confirm the two shows that we're hoping for.

There are lots of rumors going around, but all we can really do is try to be patient and wait for the official word from CBS. Keep your fingers crossed!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:rolleyes:

I love Steve Beverly. He's a class act(think the Marlena and Mimi of Game Shows), but homeboy is just waiting for the official word.

The guy behind BuzzerBlog has already said that they are asking people(I assume BTS people) to turn in applications quick. They've already begun a contestant search for Pyramid(per Craigslist). Now that very well may be in the event that the show gets picked up, but why would the shows's producers go through the trouble of searching for contestants if their gameshow didn't get the greenlight? And we know nothing of Let's Make a Deal doing the same thing.

They may be dragging their heels to soften the blow to the producer of Deal, who is also EP of The Price Is Right.

And shouldn't this be combined into the "GL Replacement" thread? And I wouldn't mind shipping this into the Primetime Discussion or Off-Topic lounge. The soap fans are probably sick of our pimpage of game shows and I know I am sick of certain GL fans hating on Pyramid.

• Members

I think it's likely PYRAMID is a lock to be picked up, especially based on the comments I read following that article I posted. The commentors said the hold-up is likely the decision on which show to pair PYRAMID with, either LET'S MAKE A DEAL or THE DATING GAME. Supposedly, CBS wants to announce both pick-ups at the same time, not one at a time.

ETA: OOPS, I didn't think about the forum in which I was posting, since I just assumed it would be part of the soap opera discussion, since it's essentially about what might replace a current soap opera. But I'm okay with this post being moved wherever anyone deems appropriate :)

Archived