SOD: All Soaps... [8/4/09]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, and she misled Taylor Miller, who thought she was being brought back for longer than two weeks, lol. Nina came back, Cliff dumped Angie, and they married and left within two weeks. (A pissed-off Debbi Morgan left for GENERATIONS shortly after). Behr also wrote out Ross (Robert Gentry) and Karen (Ellen Wheeler's former character Cindy's twin sister). I was no fan of Behr.

One thing that really annoyed me, though, was that Behr came on in the middle of the AdamJR-kidnapping story, and whoever was originally supposed to be the kidnapper was changed by her, to Karen (Cindy's sister). Now, mind you, what annoyed me was the fact that Karen had an alibi for the night AdamJR was kidnapped--she had gone to the movies with Adam's long-time housekeeper, whose name escapes me now. Yet instead of coming up with a plausible reason for why his housekeeper (who was a "good" character for a long time) would lie, or how Karen could've had an accomplice.....Behr just dropped the housekeeper without explanation. She disappeared from the show, and when Karen was caught taking the ransom money out of a bus locker, no mention was made of the alibi or the existence of the housekeeper....and Karen's last day was that same show.

Everything was rush-rush-rush to put into place whatever Behr wanted to do....and it was the end of AMC for me. It was never the same after she got her hooks into it.

• Members

It's interesting to hear these comments about Behr and AMC. I had heard she did well at AMC, so it's good to hear the other side. I was not a fan of much of her work at ATWT, she mainly focused on characters she brought in, she fired people for no reason. Still, she was better than what was to come.

It seems like that transition era of AMC sort of hurt the show in long term ways, even if the early 90s were generally seen as successful for the show.

I love Jill Larson's Opal so I can't say whether I would have wanted Dorothy back or not, Dorothy's Opal is SO different and if she had been brought back they would have had to have tamed her down significantly. But I do miss seeing Dorothy on daytime, anywhere really, and I hope this GL appearance will get her some more work.

Archived