SOD: All Soaps... [8/4/09]

• Members

I think Jack is done. Pratt has made it pretty clear that he has no interest in writing for Jack. I hate Jack, that's no secret, but I feel for Walt and am truly sorry he's being treated this way. IF this is the last we see of Jack (maybe Pratt will surprise us) I wish Walt all the best. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing more on WW.

RS: ABC insider predicts "Robin's not leaving, she's too valuable to the show." ABC rep says "We do not comment on contract negotiations." The rest of the article was a recap of her last hotline message.

KW: "The way they're strategizing the show right now means Kate's not there," says Ward. The kids, the new faces, the summer stories, the Mayor story, etc AND they're building Olivia and Sonny right now, so you can't have Kate in the middle of that, "at least not yet." She watches the show to keep up. She says there will be action coming up in several fronts: she knows Claudia and Olivia's secrets, had a publicity idea for Maxie and the magazine...and she's been told they'll go back to the dropped blackmail story with Giselle.

• Members

GH return to a dropped storyline? Ha. I hope that MW is smart and is out there auditioning. I liked Kate sans Sonny. I think that there was a place for her on the canvas. She got the boot when Sarah Brown re-signed and Olivia showed up. Sarah Brown may get the boot once Sonny and Olivia hook up.

• Members

Thanks Angela! I liked Kate sans Sonny too, although she is the only one who made him watchable for me. Now it's back to ff his scenes but that's ok too because I get through the eppy much faster. Really, why invest in Sonny and anyone at all? Whoever is unlucky enough to hook up with him will most definitely be off the show in a year so why bother? GH return to the dropped story??!! Whatever. They've lied to her before and surely will do it again.

• Members

At least Jack wasn't killed off. I'm surprised at their restraint. I can see the great story where Erica kills him in a drug haze and Zach has to take the fall.

That's a big WTF about Dorothy Lyman being on GL. I didn't even know she acted now. I can't wait to see her, even if it's just a small role.

• Members

I sort of get the feeling that everyone and their mother wants to be on GL before they go off the air. It was the longest running soap and even though no one watched it on a regular basis, having a GL credit on ones resume, in the final year, probably has a certain cache.

• Members

You're right.

I hope someone interviews her, because this is the first time she's been on a P&G soap in 20 years, since her brief return as Gwen Frame (who was inexplicably made into a headcase). She was on AW during a golden era for P&G soaps and now she's back for their death throes.

If she is still acting then I hope some soap will snap her up. She is a marvellous actress and would do well at any soap which doesn't have a lot of women in her age or acting range. I'd love to see her back on B&B, with Joanna Johnson as Karen. I would say OLTL but they already have 3-4 women in her age range.

• Members

The second Nick finds out the baby is his, it's byebye Phyllis and he'll shoot back to Sharon so fast. Not sure why Phyllis even wants to be 2nd best, she went that route with Danny already. Trying to hold onto a man that wanted someone else.

• Members

Nothing against Jill Larson, but AMC really blew it by not asking Dorothy Lyman to reprise her role of Opal back in 1989 when they brought the character back. The character became really watered down with Larson in the part, and Lyman has said that no one asked her back, and she would've gladly come back in 1989 if they'd asked her. But Larson was just coming off her role as nutty Ursula on OLTL, and someone higher up at ABC thought she'd make a great Opal.

She made a "good" Opal, but the only "great" Opal was Lyman.

• Members

Years ago in SOD, she said she was hurt they hadn't contacted her, and said she would gladly have come back to play the part. She didn't start directing until the late 90's, yet Jill Larson was brought on as Opal in late 1989 (November, to be exact).

• Members

Might have to pick this up and read the article on Megan Ward. I can't tell you how much I hate that they just nearly erased Kate's character from the show. Every message board I go to, I always hear POSITIVE things about Kate Howard/Megan Ward.. One of the dumbest decisions was to break up Sonny/Kate and drop her to recurring status.

Kate is 1000x better than Olivia, and don't get me wrong, I love Lisa Lo Cicero, but Kate was there first. I just had a feeling once Olivia was introduced, we weren't going to see much of Kate after that. (Especially Olivia, all of a sudden having Sonny's child. Should've been Kate with the secret son.)

Sad news about Walt too. I haven't watched much of AMC and really the last time I saw much of Jack was when he was with Erica's friend/Adam's maid (forget her name). Erica and Jackson were always special to me.

• Members

FMB did some great things for AMC, but I also think she made some not so great choices. Wasn't it her decision to write out Cliff and only brought back Nina for like a hot minute to leave with Cliff? There were other unnecessary departures as well at that time.

Archived