July 6-10, 2009

Toups

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad Y&R went down, hopefully it's only the beginning of the downfall. :)

Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner do not deserve good or consistent ratings for the crap they've been putting out. To think this show was much closer to a 4.0 earlier in the year...

And that 3.3 on Friday is painful!

Y&R needs a regime change...

GH is another one whose downfall should be expected, I can't say I'm sad there either.

• Members

I hope Dena Higley (DAYS will rise up back next week) is laughing at Y&R's pathetic ratings. The ABC soaps should all go off air by the end of this year. The writing for all 3 of the soaps are beyond horrible. I'm thrilled these ratings are down (Unfortunately!). It is clearly showing I'm not the only one who is tuning out with our remotes. Don't give me that shitty excuse saying people are skipping LIVE, and they are watching on SOAPnet and ABC.com/CBS.com/ and whatever... Yes, some are doing that, but many have been doing that for months now. So what now? Hacks like these people should never, ever be able to work in this industry again. These people should jump off a building with David KrazyShit and his other GL writers.

• Administrator

Y&R 4,916,000

DAYS 2,683,000

Y&R 3.5/11

DAYS 1.9/6

Y&R 1,126,000

DAYS 813,000

Y&R 1.7/11

DAYS 1.2/8

Why would Dena be laughing at Y&R? LOL Even if Y&R falls to record lows, Y&R's ratings are actually very good.

• Members

Dena won't be the one getting fired before the summer is over! As for the 1.9, that's nothing. Now if they score a 1.9 or lower for the next ratings, then it will be a huge problem. Unlike Y&R, DAYS hasn't been hitting record low ratings week after the other. Speaking of record low ratings, didn't Hogan accomplished that when he was writing for DAYS? He's doing the same at Y&R. I hope he's having the time of his life.

• Members

As awful as I consider Hogan to be as a writer, and as much as I hope Y&R fires him as I believe he is a big problem with their current show, they were hitting record lows even before he showed up. The only consolation I take from Y&R's current woes is that this may finally puncture the cloud of "Hogan is a genius!" which followed him throughout ATWT and DAYS.

As for GH, they just keep sinking further down. I'm surprised they haven't hit bottom yet. Does anyone else think all the airtime for Sonny's kids pushed some fans to the breaking point?

• Members

I think a lot of things pushed a lot of people to the breaking point. . . . . the ratings were kind of stable end of last year into early this year. But after the awful toxic balls story . . . and them ending a bunch of couples and starting up a bunch of awful couples and messing with history . . . and telling boring stories (Nadine's plow? Winifred?). . . . . and telling poorly conceived stories (PPD, Ethan) . . . .and making Sonny and Jason look like fools (so that even their fans aren't particularly happy) . . . . and focusing on new characters no one seems to like much . . . . and bringing on a bunch of kids all related to Sonny . . . and having a slow, tedious pace where nothing happens for weeks on end (how many weeks have we been tortured with The Truth about Claudia's Role in Michael's shooting? Does anyone care anymore? Did they ever?). . . TIIC promised romance in their fall promo last year and then shot Kate and broke up Liason and messed with Scrubs and then they promised an umbrella story that would make doctors and nurses heroes and all it turned out to be was more mobbies and a bunch of fools wandering around a burning hospital for weeks. People are onto their tricks and they're not buying it anymore.

All of it. The show is a mess and I'm frankly happy to see it tank.

And I don't think it's hit rock bottom. To me, the trend seems to be that they hit a low point one week and a few weeks later, that low point becomes their overall rating (like a few weeks ago, they had a day or two where the ratings hit 2.3 million viewers as a new low now they're getting 2.3 million total viewers for the week). So now they've had a day or two here and there of 2.1 million viewers. How long before they have 2.1 million total viewers for the entire week? There certainly doesn't seem to be much on the horizon to bring fans *back* . . . are they really expecting Spinelli/Maxie (who, imo, had charm and potential at one point but were also destroyed in whatever crazy took over the head office at GH and now they're trying desperately to salvage them with a bunch of over the top pabulum), Sonny and his Women and all his kids, Rebecca/Ethan/Nik and Jasam Redux to bring in a bunch of *new* viewers? Good luck with that.

They need to do something drastic to turn it around and I don't think it's within this groups powers to admit they need to make changes. Bunch of stubborn, egostical fools.

• Members

That's a great summary of all the mistakes over the past year. The damage they have done for as long as they have and only now are they finally coming a cropper. What would save GH (if all of them, at least Guza, resigned) is what is least likely to happen.

• Members

I agree with you, the fans have been promised so much and GH has yet to deliver. TIIC have destroyed GH with all of the rewrites to the history of the show and many characters were destroyed or written out of character. TIIC do not realize that the fans have long memories and know the history of the show. The fans feel that their opinions don't matter to TIIC and feel disrespected. The women on the show are portrayed as weak and helpless, then you have the women they are promoting using their bodies to get a man instead of their brains. This show has become nothing but plot points and wth moments. The storylines don't make sense and the writing is horrible. I have no idea what they can do to fix this show, because if they don't try we will see this show on the cancellation block next.

Archived